Systems Engineer II
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer II
- Job ID
- Campbell, CA
- Other Location
Systems Engineer II
Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures. Customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements. Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements. Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation. Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures. Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of systems engineering
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Prior knowledge of the Tomahawk Weapon System and U.S. Navy Operations
- Experience writing software requirement specifications
- Excellent communications skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and as part of cross-functional team
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Requires 2 to 5 years with BS/BA or 0 to 2 years with MS/MA/MBA.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
- INCOSE Certification preferred but not required.
- Experience with Agile Software development and Agile methodologies preferred.
- Candidates must have a DoD Secret Clearance, or be capable of obtaining one.