Network Technician (Engineer/Administrator) - Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- Network Technician (Engineer/Administrator) - Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
- Other Location
NETWORK TECHNICIAN (ENGINEER, ADMINISTRATOR) - CONTRACT
ANNAPOLIS JUNCTION, MARYLAND
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Talent Orchard LLC is a Woman Owned Small Business (8A) and a teaming partner on a significant engagement with the Department of Defense. We have been asked to fill a need for a Network Technician with an active Secret Clearance for an initial six (6) month contract. The key component is the ability to maintain the environment, monitor firewalls and ensure continued network performance for critical applications.
In this role, your tasks will include;
Design, test, implement and maintain LANs/WANs.
Monitor Palo Alto firewall and network performance.
Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems to ensure no disruption of mission critical applications.
Adhere to all Information Assurance standards and practices.
Takes proper measures to insure optimum data and device security.
Support remote access platforms and connectivity to those platforms.
Create and update network documentation in support of network operations.
Provide product and new technology research and evaluation.
Upgrade and update network products based on vendor specifications.
Perform network troubleshooting in support of system malfunctions.
Update direct manager on a weekly basis.
Track work using an industry level tracking system.
Responsible for scheduled and non-scheduled after-hours maintenance.
• Palo Alto Firewall
• Extensive experience as a systems/network administrator
• Knowledge of network/networking principles
• Ability to work for senior officials in a dynamic environment
• Good communication skills, both oral and written
• Min 5 Years’ experience administering CISCO environments
• Active Secret Clearance required.
• Must possess and maintain a DoD 8570 IAT II baseline certification.
- Security+CE, CCNA Security; CySA+; GICSP; GSEC; SSCP
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com
@talentorchard #cjpost #network #networkengineer #8570 @Secretjobs @mdjobs