- Job Title
- Developer (Media)
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
In this role, you will be responsible for design, development, and support of Cloud9’s award winning media stack based on Google’s WebRTC project. You will also have the opportunity to develop designs that bridge WebRTC to existing trading communication interfaces. This is a hands-on position for a mid-level to senior software engineer who is a C++ expert and is interested in working with the WebRTC stack, SIP protocol and line signaling. The position requires technology evaluation, systems design, the execution of feasibility projects, and delivery of production-level software. Most importantly we are seeking a creative developer with great CS fundamental skills and the ability to learn and contribute in a fast-paced, disruptive company.
• Research, architecture, development, and delivery of: Native WebRTC integrations on Windows and Linux.
• Technical leadership for assigned projects.
• Modifying the WebRTC native stack to satisfy the feature requirements Cloud9 product.
• Working with SIP vendors for interfacing to traditional trading phone lines.
• Working with architecture and desktop user interface teams.
• Working with Cloud9 product team to define and understand requirements and deliver against those requirements in a timely manner.
• Work with business partners.
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
Required Skills & Experience:
• 4+ years’ experience in C/C++, object-oriented programming
• 2+ years’ experience in development of multi-threading software
• Experience in low level network protocol like TCP/IP
• Basic knowledge of signal processing
• A curious mind and a desire to learn
• An entrepreneurial work style and the ability to work in a self-directed manner
• A love of collaboration
Nice to have:
• Experience with:
o VOIP, better to be WebRTC native stack
o Programming on Multiple platforms include at least Windows and Linux
o RTP, STUN/TURN
o Embedded real-time systems
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required.
• Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is preferred.