Sr. Technical Business Analyst (Banking/Payments Industry Exp. Preferred) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. Technical Business Analyst (Banking/Payments Industry Exp. Preferred) - Contract
- Job ID
- Louisville, KY 40218
- Other Location
Title: Sr. Technical Business Analyst (Banking/Payments Industry Exp. Preferred)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking a Senior Technical Business Analyst to join our team in Louisville, KY. In this role, you will be responsible for working on complex payment applications as a senior member of the IT team. We are looking for someone with experience working in an Agile/Scrum team and who can lead requirements and write user stories. You will be expected to work directly with the development and QA teams as well as business leaders.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in business or systems analysis.
- Experience with documenting user stories and functional specifications.
- Experience working in both an agile/scrum and waterfall development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with TFS to develop user stories.
- Excellent knowledge in the following areas:
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies
- Domain, financial technology (FinTech), and payments industry
- All phases of the software development lifecycle
- Awareness of business issues as they impact overall project plans
- Research, analysis and problem resolution
- Microsoft and other programming/software engineering related certifications a plus and/or an active desire to pursue such certifications.
- Experience as a product owner or scrum master.
- Interacts with customers to gather system requirements.
- Defines the system and functional requirements of the product.
- Prepares business requirements and functional specifications.
- Assesses value, develop and prioritize user stories, features and epics to ensure work focuses on requirements with maximum value and are aligned with product delivery strategy
- Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences their agile team’s product backlog based on business value or ROI
- Serves as a resource and/or participant in business process re-design activities. Assists the customer in determining if and how system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Collaborates with product management team to define release plans, and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to achieve company strategic goals.
- Works with Scrum Master to maintain standards and hygiene for progress visibility and team’s ‘definition of done’ for all tasks.
- Capably reports the product status to management and to those outside the team.
- Leads business stakeholder meetings and encourages innovative ideas from agile team and stakeholders.
- Participates in project planning, sprint and release planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), demos/reviews, retrospectives, backlog refinement meetings, and other Scrum-related meetings
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, accepting or rejecting based on business requirements
- May perform application, system and regression tests.
- Responsible for creating business requirements and system documentation, as well as contributing to end-user and project management documentation.
- Works with quality assurance and programming teams to ensure changes are migrated into production correctly.
- Works with business, technical and quality assurance teams to address production or customer issues.
- Interacts with technical teams to convey business requirements.
- Works with industry research groups to prepare for product trends.
- May assist less experienced peers.