Licensed Paraprofessional, School-Based, Upcoming School Year, Full-Time, Phoenix, AZ
- Job Title
- Licensed Paraprofessional, School-Based, Upcoming School Year, Full-Time, Phoenix, AZ
- Job ID
- Phoenix, AZ
- Other Location
We’re hiring for a Licensed Paraprofessional for the upcoming school year (2019-2020) as a full-time job in Phoenix, AZ
As a Licensed Paraprofessional for Futures Education, you will be providing school-based educational services to children in the Phoenix area. You will have your own caseload, work directly in the schools, and have the additional support of the therapist-owned and operated management team at Futures Education.
As a member of our team, the Licensed Paraprofessional will have an opportunity to work hands-on, working each day to help improve the lives of children. The Licensed Paraprofessional will work individually with the student to help achieve favorable outcomes.
Licensed Paraprofessional Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate Degree or higher (must have at least 60 semester hours of college credit or university).
- FP Card.
Licensed Paraprofessional Responsibilities:
- Closely monitor student behavior as indicated on the student’s IEP and Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP).
- Aid scholar with feeding, transcribing, and other activities that require dexterity.
- Provide individualized instruction, under the direction of the Special Education teacher, to assess and identify student’s needs on a one-to-one basis.
- Set and attain ambitious student achievement and social-emotional benchmarks.
- Provide ongoing support for classroom teacher prompting, redirection and modeling in helping the student access the activities of school curriculum.
- Model and encourage appropriate student behavior (i.e. grit, self-control, social intelligence, optimism and curiosity).
- Assist with collection of behavioral and academic data as directed by teacher or school team.
- Collaborate with other paraprofessionals to facilitate positive interactions for the student with all staff who are responsible for the student’s education.
- Work with grade-level chair and school team to constantly evaluate and improve mastery of instructional, culture building, and leadership skills.
- Participate mandatory professional development and CPI training.
- Other duties as assigned.
Futures Education is a unique organization that provides management and clinical staff to schools located in several locations through the United States. First and foremost, we are hands-on practitioners and educators, committed to best practices, research, and data-driven decision making that provides authenticity to our work and allows us to provide unparalleled service to our client partners. Futures Education is therapist owned and operated, and our mission is to build better lives.
Each day offers a chance for us to improve someone’s life. Do you want to help make a difference? Reach out today!
To apply to this position, please visit www.futureshealthjobs.com. You may also contact Catherine Moore in the recruiting office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-349-4077.
- Required Skills
Associate Degree or higher (must have at least 60 semester hours of college credit or university).