Sr. Mortgage Reporting Analyst
- Job Title
- Sr. Mortgage Reporting Analyst
- Job ID
- Charlotte , NC
- Other Location
The Senior Mortgage Reporting Analyst will focus on gathering requirements, building robust reporting solutions with various business intelligence tools, and delivering timely insight to stakeholders and partners throughout the business. This role will collaborate closely with mortgage leadership and a wide array of cross-functional partners in analyzing business processes and trends, identifying opportunities to enhance performance, and providing the tools to facilitate decision making with the business's short and long-term goals in mind.
- Working directly with senior management to build, update, and analyze the needs and capabilities of multiple areas within the Mortgage business.
- Perform deep analytics on multiple areas of the Mortgage business, giving Senior Leadership the capability to take action.
- Drive performance / data-driven changes from a granular level (e.g., key market, internal KPI's, vendor KPI's, as determined by each LOB etc.).
- Articulate and quantify potential risk and opportunity factors based on KPI and trended analysis
- Responsible for pulling together all necessary documentation and reporting that will be used in the monthly business review meetings with the President of Consumer and Commercial Banking.
- Develop gap analysis across each area within their dedicated workstream, providing senior leadership with recommendations on potential risks and options for how to mitigate those risks
- Work with Director of Pricing, Reporting and Analytics to develop new reporting across the Product, Pricing and Credit Strategies team
- Work with the Manager of Data and Business Intelligence to ensure we have the proper amount of data to perform our analytics while also converting all Excel / PowerPoint reporting into Tableau
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Masters/MBA preferred
- 7 years of financial services experience
- 3+ years of experience with reporting, statistical, and database packages: SAS, T-SQL, PL-SQL
- Other database and business intelligence tools, Tableau, Power BI, Business Objects, etc.
- 3+ years of financial reporting experience
- Acute understanding of mortgage industry, including broad market, products, and profitability
- Proficient with Excel and Microsoft suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to shift focus from one element of Mortgage to another (e.g., today it's fulfillment, tomorrow it may be sales).