Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Fairfield, Ohio
- Job Title
- Senior Software Engineer (Java) - Fairfield, Ohio
- Job ID
- Fairfield, OH 45011
- Other Location
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Location: Fairfield, Ohio
- Would pay to transportation to conduct interview for out of town candidate
- Would help with relocation costs
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client is currently recruiting for a Sr. Java Developer to join their team in the surrounding Nashville area. As a Sr. Software Engineer (Java), you would have the opportunity to leverage the latest technologies. This individual leads architecture and development activities within the Lightning Source infrastructure. You have the opportunity to specializes in one major enterprise IT application, one major database platform (MySQL), and one major operating system (Linux). This person will act as the senior technical programmer and may have IT developer/programmers, test and QA staff, and/or external personnel hired to augment internal IT staff reporting.
Selling Points: This person will be working on cutting edge technology, where you'll utilize software and code to automate processes in robotics.
- Leads designer/architect for at least a major enterprise IT application.
- Leads integration with at least one major operating system (e.g. Unix/Linux).
- Develops and manages development resources to overall IT project plan, including communicating progress to senior management.
- Acts as technical lead and provides application development oversight and involvement for Third Party integrations (e.g. HP, Ricoh, Horizon, Mueller-Martini., etc.) and database (e.g. MySQL, Oracle) core components.
- Leads team of professionals in the assessment and development of extensions to the assigned application(s).
- Performs data modeling and architecture development: RDBMS, XML Schema/DTD creation, Object definition and implementation, etc.
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 6+ years of experience in designing, developing, implementing and supporting enterprise level IT solutions in one or more of the following: Linux, Apache, or Tomcat
- 6+ years of software development experience using JAVA
- 5+ years of relational database design, programming, and integration experience in MySQL and/or Oracle
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience or skills:
- Hands on manufacturing environment experience (conveyor control, printer/binder integration, automated workflow, etc.)
- Expert experience in C/C++, SQL Programming, Stress Testing and/or simulation tools
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design
- Barcode technologies and integration experience