Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
- Job ID
- La Vergne, TN 37086
- Other Location
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Java)
Location: Surrounding Nashville, TN area
- Would pay to transportation to conduct interview for out of town candidate
- Would help with relocation costs
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client is currently recruiting for a Sr. Java Developer to join their team in the surrounding Nashville area. As a Sr. Software Engineer (Java), you would have the opportunity to leverage the latest software development technologies as a basis for agile application development. Our client offers the best of both worlds - the candidate would be working in a department that offers a 'start-up mentality', but you'd be working for an organization that is very successful, utilizes cutting edge technology, and has been around for over 50 years. There is a lot of visibility in this department, and and you have the opportunity to grow and learn from very talented individuals. Selling Point: This development team created a the #1 tool/ platform used in the industry from the ground up. There's a lot to learn from the innovative members that make up this team!!
This technology team is blazing a trail by providing content distribution services to thousands of publishers with key initiatives around business intelligence, machine learning, continuous integration and omnichannel. We support diverse people and technology that highlights innovation through SaaS platforms, metadata, cloud, and containerization. Our teams are agile, and emphasize authenticity, creativity, and transparency upon a fact-based foundation. If you are an IT professional who strives to deliver results through collaborative partnerships, understanding what drives business, and enjoys working in a connected culture, we can’t wait to meet you!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or directly related year for year experience
- 6 years of software development experience with modern languages
- 3 years of software development experience with JAVA
- 5 years of relational database experience
- Relational database experience in MySQL
- Develops and modifies internal and external facing software applications
- Provides full application development life cycle support including specifications, prototypes, unit tests and risk assessments
- Works with team members to identify and enforce design patterns, standards, etc.
- Explores new technologies and development techniques
- Coordinates with users and product owners to gather requirements
- Provides on-call support on a rotating basis for all production-related problems, including support during non-business hours. May be required to provide support as a backup to the on-call associate where key knowledge exists.
- A highly competitive compensation package with generous benefits beginning first day of employment for Medical/Prescription Drug plans, HSA, Vision, Dental and Health Care FSA.
- Starting 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, and 12 sick days.
- 401K match, Life and AD&D, Employee Assistant programs, Group Legal, & more
- Wellness program with access to local fitness centers and YMCA’s for one low price - onsite gym and basketball court for associates
- Encouraged continued education with our tuition reimbursement program
- Financial and in-kind opportunities to engage with non-profits in your community
- Company match program for United Way donations
- Volunteer opportunities and in-kind drives for non-profits throughout the year
- Take breaks or brainstorm in our game room with ping pong & foosball
- Casual Dress Code & Flexible Schedules (per team)
Our client is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.