Decidedly Different Consulting and Staffing for Your Business and Technology Needs
We see our consultants as partners
We only thrive when they thrive. That’s why we’re all about transparency.
A few perks our consultants enjoy are profit-sharing bonuses, fully disclosed bill rates, comprehensive benefits, and ongoing 360-degree feedback via Sense. We also offer referral bonuses and never resort to non-competes.
Sr Systems Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr Systems Engineer
- Tukwila, WA
- Other Location
VMware vSphere (Required)
Citrix XenApp / XenDesktop (Required)
EMC Storage Solutions (Xtreme IO, VMAX, Unity) (Preferred)
The Sr. Systems Engineer supports the full systems life cycle in multi-platform environment by designing and maintaining an efficient and secure enterprise infrastructure that offers uninterrupted service for our customers. The Sr. Systems Engineer provides a holistic view of all enterprise systems and collects input, provides direction, and makes strategic decisions to ensure our infrastructure fits within our vision.
Specialization Summary: The Sr. Systems Engineer will support production infrastructure and project initiatives with specializations in VMware, Citrix technologies.
• Perform all responsibilities in accordance with clients Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
• Own at least two core infrastructure technologies: Active Directory, DNS, SCCM, Cloud, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, VMware, Scripting, Local Traffic Manager, Global Traffic Manager, Citrix, E-mail, FTP, UNIX, Linux, Windows Servers, Security & Compliance Standards, etc.
• Provide escalated systems support, problem resolution, and mentoring across the IT Division.
• Lead cross divisional enterprise infrastructure projects.
• Liaison and partner with Enterprise Architecture, maintaining the strategy and vision of our technology systems.
• Integrate and schematically depict systems architectures, topologies, hardware, software and signaling links into complete Systems configurations.
• Research, develop and communicate system roadmaps, opportunities and constraints to IT as well as the business.
• Partner with the security team to respond to prevent, detect and investigate suspicious activity in a timely manner.
• Possess and display expert skills in the following areas: technical troubleshooting, vendor management, customer service, communication and project management.
• Train back up personnel as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline required, or equivalent work or educational experience. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 7 years of technical engineering experience required.
• Solid skills in Leadership, Project Management, Hardware/Software Design & Best Practice, Computer Security & Compliance and Enterprise Design required.
• In depth knowledge of enterprise datacenter technologies, desktop operating systems, end point management platforms (SCCM, Altiris, etc.) and mobile management platforms required.
• Advanced expertise in at least 5 infrastructure systems required.
• Professional certification in an applicable technology or project management discipline preferred.
• Experience supporting enterprise solutions preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of virtual desktop technologies, remote deployment, patch management and disk imaging, server virtualization technologies and server operating systems preferred.
• Experience implementing projects involving enterprise hardware and/or software technologies preferred.
• Knowledge of networking concepts (advanced networking/switching/routing) preferred.
• Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
• Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary and occasional travel.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, with bending and mobility to move large objects.
• Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response.