Sr SQL Database Administrator (DBA) - Top Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- Sr SQL Database Administrator (DBA) - Top Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
SQL Database Administrator-Active Top Secret Clearance
Ft. Belvoir, VA
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm, has been retained under contract by a Federal Systems Integrator to assist in identifying an experienced SQL Database Admin (DBA) for a critical program in Fort Belvoir, VA. Our client is a Federal Contractor with a long history of successful project completion and for this opportunity, they are working with the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM) and have partnered to provide SharePoint consulting and development support for various solutions. Our client is working with numerous HQ Elements and MSC's to consolidate their requirements and business processes for new systems to automate and streamline numerous missions across the Command. INSCOM is looking to development new systems and enhance existing applications in their enterprise SharePoint farm. The system they developed help to manage human resources information, personnel deployments, contracts, awards, funding and much more. Beyond that, they are providing workflow solution to automate many of the internal processes within INSCOM. Finally, they participate in the development of application development projects responsible for aggregating different data sources into a central platform for data filters, reporting, and analytics.
- Modify and maintain existing databases and relational database management systems (RDBMS) with a focus on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and later.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure in accordance with industry best practices, DA STIGs
- Assist management in developing strategies for using relational database technology in the most productive manner including security, capacity planning and optimization
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
- Evaluate and install new software releases, patches and system upgrades.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases and RDBMS
- Design, implement, and administer High-Availability, Disaster Recovery (HADR) configuration across the WAN
- Approve, schedule, plan, and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems, such as the installation of new databases and database management system
- Research new technologies to propose and inform both improvements to existing infrastructure, as well as the implementation of future capabilities
- Participate in an on-call production support rotation
- BA or BS from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- DOD 85701.01-M IAT Level II certification and compliance upon hire
- Eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in SQL database administration (including supporting and managing databases in a production environment) that includes work in PWS Tasks 5.1 and 5.5.
- Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
Clearance Requirement: Must have an active Top Secret clearance to start and be able to get an SCI. TS/SCI preferred.
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com
@talentorchard #cjpost @fortbelvoirjobs #databaseadmin #DBA #SQLDBA @tsscijobs @novajobs