- Job Title
- Financial Analyst
- Job ID
- New York, NY 10017
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a key member of the Finance organization, the Financial Analyst will report directly to the CFO and have primary responsibility for the following:
- Support the CFO and the accounting team in financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Build and maintain budgets and financial forecast models working with relevant functional and business heads to ensure the accuracy of assumptions and inputs.
- Provide modeling and analytical support in the evaluation of strategic initiatives, including partnerships, joint ventures, M&A activity, etc.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and the competitive landscape. Maintain relevant information on competitor’s products suite, market penetration, future addressable market, etc., working with internal industry experts.
- Support the management team in the development of board materials and other related communications.
- Work with Management to develop relevant metrics for measuring performance of the Cloud9 business.
- Synthesize and manage internal data across Cloud9 functional areas to ensure consistency and accuracy in the use and reporting of such data.
- Provide support on financial performance, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports and tools.
- Provide all other analytical and presentation development support as a required.
THE RIGHT BACKGROUND
- 2-4 years of finance or other relevant experience
- Advanced financial modeling skills
- Experience with financial statements and financial reporting
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Understanding of data analysis, budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proficiency in PowerPoint
- Experience creating Board level presentations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
EDUCATION and TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields
Cloud9 Technologies LLC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its locations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or national law.