- Job Title
- VMware Engineer
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
Talent Orchard has been retained by Perspecta to help in a search for qualified candidates for a VMware Engineer for an opportunity in Herndon/Crystal city area of Virginia.
The resource will be part of a team responsible for developing, implementing, tuning, and maintaining multiple virtual environments from the ground up. This position requires strong networking and storage optimization skills as well as in-depth knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2/2016.
Primary job focus will be on:
- Maintaining production, development, test, and operations environments with a strong emphasis on installation, configuration, and maintaining VMware.
- Monitor all Windows and vSphere servers for performance issues and stability concerns, addressing problems as needed. Participate in capacity planning exercises for Enterprise-wide systems.
- Work with other members of your team to provide maximum up-time for the Company’s staff at numerous locations.
- Regular application installations, configurations, and day-to-day administration.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, storage and network issues as they arise.
- Testing and installing systems modifications and upgrades such as hot fixes and patches.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Responsible for ongoing support for Business Continuity and High Availability.
- Recommend changes to procedures which result in operational optimization.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
- Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 5 years of related experience or a Master's degree and a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Must have at least a VCP5 (VMware Certified Professional 5) and at least 5 years of experience managing Windows Server 2012R2 and/or Windows Server 2016 environments.
- Must have DoD experience and must be DoD 8570 compliant.
- Must be proficient in working with Group Policy and security scanning software.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working with SQL databases.
- Have worked with blade server technologies and thoroughly understand their design and performance characteristics.
- Experienced running Windows servers in a multisite VMware ESXi environment.
- Must have experience installing and maintaining enterprise level VMware environments.
- Experienced in setting up High Availability, vSphere, vCenter, vMotion,
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @virginiajobs #cjpost #engineer #vmware @secretjobs