Systems Administrator - Contract - Linux & Microsoft environment
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator - Contract - Linux & Microsoft environment
- Job ID
- Princeton, NJ
- Other Location
Systems Administration - Linux (Redhat) & Microsoft environment
Princeton, New Jersey (NJ)
Talent Orchard LLC is a boutique talent acquisition consulting firm with clients nationwide. We have been retained by one of our Princeton NJ located clients to find and engage a contractor for an initial period of three months, with the opportunity the project can extend. The client, a leader in commercial insurance, is seeking someone who possesses strong technical and interpersonal skills to conduct the following tasks;
A self-motivated, customer-focused Linux/Microsoft Systems Consultant work on-site at our client's Princeton location.
The Linux/Microsoft Systems Consultant mission is to:
Administer the Microsoft AD server to setup user/directory access rights.
Administer Microsoft Exchange server to create users
Manage VMs hosting different applications/Operating systems
Administer and support various versions of Red Hat Linux.
Install Oracle database on Red Hat Linux servers (no dba function)
Act as an escalation level expert for support staff.
The key responsibilities of the Systems Consultant will be:
- User permission administration for Windows AD
- Creation of shares and rights management for Windows AD
- Resolve issues with Exchange server
- Manage VMs for Windows and Linux operating systems
- Manage systems access and access logs
- Manage RedHat Linux servers and apply patches as needed
- Manage DHCP and DNS on Red Hat Linux servers
- Create and update shell scripts and cron jobs to automate system processes.
- Install Oracle databases on Linux servers
- Assist Oracle DBA in creating scripts to automate log management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Exchange.
- Knowledge of RedHat Linux server administration
- Oracle database installation and log management
- Support Windows AD environment
- Support Red Hat Linux environment.
- Assist in gathering Technical Requirements for IT Projects
- Works closely with Development and Production teams.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- RedHat Linux server administration - at least 2 years’ experience
- Microsoft AD/Exchange server administration- at least 2 years’ experience
- Oracle server administration experience
- Level 2 Helpdesk support experience
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard #redhat, #linux, #Microsoft, #Windows, @NJ