- Job Title
- Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Auburn Hills, MI
- Other Location
Our Software Engineers develop and deploy innovative powertrain systems enabling the next generation of efficient, clean and intelligent drivetrain solutions. Our products must provide exceptional performance, efficiency and value in challenging safety-critical environments. To accomplish this, we’re looking for talented, passionate engineers who bring fresh ideas with their unique knowledge and experience to develop elegant solutions to these complex engineering problems.
As a member of the Product Software team, you will be working on developing and deploying our technologies for key customer projects. With your technical expertise you will be responsible for ensuring software product deadlines and deliverables are achieved. You will specify, design, develop, test, release, maintain and enhance embedded software solutions.
Our software engineers each own a stake in our success, and each team member is called upon to help steer our organization forwards. The team commissions its own processes, methodologies, tools and architectures, allowing us to bring innovative products to market, while preserving customer delivery efficiency and precision.
The successful candidate will join a respectful, collaborative, and talented team, and will work in a professional high-tech environment with an opportunity to change and shape the future of mobility and transportation.
• Embedded software – Demonstrates advanced knowledge of the development of embedded software.
• Automobile Powertrain Systems - Demonstrates basic understanding of automobile powertrain products and their functions (e.g. transmissions, all-wheel drive).
• Electrical Hardware - Demonstrates basic understanding of ECU schematics.
• Network Protocols - Demonstrates understanding of CAN and other network protocols.
• Documentation Skills - Demonstrates ability to write fluently to describe algorithm design, theory and test results.
• Communication Skills - Demonstrates ability to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors and customers.
• Teamwork - Considers and seeks out the impact of his/her actions within the team. Leads and actively seeks collaboration with internal and external team members.Education & Experience
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree, Master’s preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience developing embedded software; automotive industry preferred.
• Highly capable when working with Model-Based Development tools. Matlab Simulink/Stateflow preferred.
• Practical experience with AUTOSAR or equivalent embedded operating system.
• Strong working knowledge of C programming language for embedded systems.
• Proven ability to generate efficient C source code from model-based designs. TargetLink preferred.
• Excellent model and source code debugging skills.
• Experienced developing software to a comprehensive software process. CMMI or SPICE preferred.
• Expertise working with network protocols (e.g. CAN) required and associated tools.
• Experience with Software Configuration, Release and Change Management is required.
• Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.