Xenia Systems is currently hiring for a variety of opportunities. Please see our open positions below and apply for those opportunities that are interest. If you do not see a position matching your skill sets, please feel free to send your resume to Jobs@XeniaSystems.com
Detainee Operations Officer
- Job Title
- Detainee Operations Officer
- Job ID
- Doral, FL
- Other Location
Xenia Systems, LLC is seeking a Detention Operations Officer to support a long-term opportunity in support of detention operations. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience supporting DoD Detainee Programs.
The selected candidate will support USSOUTHCOM detention operation missions to include deliberate planning, coordination, and drafting of operations orders and instructions required to inform all appropriate USSOUTHCOM staff and assigned units in operations at JTF-GTMO and other Combatant Commands or foreign governments, as directed by the Joint Staff. Intelligence and Operations Reporting includes reviewing, analyzing and compiling reports from a variety of automated systems, databases and sources used to respond to requests from the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Office of Military Commissions, Joint Staff, and Periodic Review Secretariat regarding detention operations.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILIITIES
Support to Planning Detention Operations:
- Assist the lead officer in deliberate planning, coordination, and drafting of operations orders and instructions required to inform all appropriate USSOUTHCOM staff and assigned units in the movement of detainees from JTF-GTMO to other Combatant Commands or foreign governments, as directed by the Joint Staff.
- Coordination with Joint Staff, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, associated Combatant Command staffs, USSOUTHCOM components and assigned units upon receipt of instructions, in order to draft the necessary written instructions needed to guide the personnel involved in the mission. The service also includes preparation and dissemination of messages, briefings and information papers for each specific detainee transfer.
Intelligence and Operations Reporting:
- Analyze and compile reports from a variety of automated systems, databases and sources used to respond to requests from the Office of the Secretary of Defense, Office of Military Commissions, Joint Staff, and Periodic Review Secretariat to this Command with regard to detention operations, along with legal and administrative proceedings for detainees in JTF-GTMO custody. This includes accessing, retrieval, populating, maintaining data through orderly filing and storage within this Command’s primary databases used to safeguard detention operations
- Disseminating a variety of recurring and ad hoc reports, briefings and information papers used to advise this program.
- Prepare FOIA-releasable intelligence and other information products derived from this Command’s detention operations database and other sources, while ensuring that classified information is protected in response to FOIA requests.
Operations Administration Support:
- Process, track and disseminate requests for visits to detention operations at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, along with drafting response to requests. This includes drafting information papers, decision papers, reports and briefings used to inform detention operations within the Command to include programming and scheduling planning events, conferences, meetings and includes drafting reports used to capture dialogue during scheduled and un-scheduled detention operations meetings, conferences, planning sessions or working groups that include detailed summary highlighting significant actions, decisions, and suspense for actions.
- US Citizenship
- Possess an Active top secret security clearance (TS/SCI preferred)
- Previous experience serving at military headquarters staff operations section
- Thorough understanding of Joint Planning Process (JP 5-0) and the DoD Detainee Program (DODD 2310.01E) in order to draft plans, directives, orders, and instructions.
- Excellent written communication skills for the authoring of written reports, information papers, and other required correspondence.
- Excellent verbal communications skills to allow for the effective delivery of briefings and communication with a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong computer literacy skills with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).