Director of Quality
- Job Title
- Director of Quality
- Job ID
Director of Quality ***Must have Dairy Experience***
We are working with innovative food manufacturer in the Palm Springs, CA that is looking for an experienced Director of Quality with start-up and larger organizational experience to lead many key initiatives to establish and maintain the quality of their products.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Setting up best in-class processes & operational efficiency
- Responsible for leading talent development within department
- Maintain a focus on external customers
- Manage department budget
- Lead the overall Quality – Food Systems teams with a focus on strategy, policies, food safety programs, & risk mitigation.
- Implement and own employee management programs, set objectives, & lead performance reviews to build a customer focused team.
- Develop & embed a quality culture of excellence across the plant operation.
- Provide strategic leadership & transform strategy into short & long-term objectives.
- Lead food safety & quality initiatives for key & global customers.
- Champion food safety risk mitigation & management.
- Align food safety, quality business objectives, & KPI’s with operations
Required Skills/Qualifications (including but not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree in science related field would be preferred
- 15+ years of expertise in Quality Control
- Dairy Experience required
- Must have SQF, BRC or PCQI. (PCQI is preferred)
- Strong background in food chemistry, raw materials, sensory, microbiology, food packaging systems & food engineering
- Proven knowledge of food and beverage regulations & latest customer/consumer expectations.
- Experience in numerous technical functional roles such as: supply quality, quality systems, regulatory, R&D, manufacturing, laboratory management, health, safety, and environmental, & sustainability. FDA & USDA regulation experience required.
- Identify & drive continuous improvement & change management initiatives to develop a customer focused, best practice division.
- Strong communicator, who can operate, influence, and achieve results.
- Be an engaged and hands on leader
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some travel required
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment background, drug and criminal screens