PSS’ Mission is to ‘Exceed Expectations’. PSS starts from within by exceeding the expectations of its employees. The company believes that satisfied employees will be motivated to provide superior service to PSS’ numerous clients who will then in turn be satisfied with the company’s performance. While many firms are reluctant to pursue government/corporate relations, PSS accepts the challenge and steps ahead to provide superior support wherever needed. This is how PSS does business; adding efficiency to the process, achieving results more quickly thus reaching the finish line first and treating all parties fairly.
We have continuing and immediate requirements for experienced employees and consultants to support our Washington area federal clients. We are now pursuing contracts that require full-time:
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant II with Active Secret w/ Ability to Obtain TS
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22202
- Other Location
The Administrative Assistant II shall assist our Government client’s management and other staff members in all office activities and operations as assigned. The individual shall provide program support including administrative and clerical services in accordance with program requirements. The Administrative Assistant II must also have good work ethics and interpersonal skills, demonstrate sensitivity to deadlines and follow through on a timely basis. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant II will be responsible for a variety of clerical/administrative tasks, office automation assignments, and administrative assistance in support of the staff.
The specific risk level for this position will be provided under the task order. The risk range shall be from moderate to top secret security.
Duties shall include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare type, fax, file, data entry, copy, print, mail, scans and e-mails information.
- Review and analyze documents submitted for completeness and accuracy.
- Communicate via telephone and/or e-mail with high-level officials throughout the agency and District offices, as well as other contract affiliates.
- Provide accurate advice on matters necessary to carry out program policies.
- Assist with ordering of supplies.
- Schedule appointment and maintain files.
- Serve as receptionist to greet, assist and direct visitors.
- Review incoming correspondence and faxes related to program activities.
- Maintain office suspense system, entering items received and assigning standard timeframe due dates.
- Produce and distribute reports from office suspense system, highlighting past due assignments.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to any of the branches in the USMS management on an as needed basis.
- Active Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have two years specialized experience that is related to the duties described above.
- Superior time management, organization and prioritization skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal employees as well as outside sources.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly and effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to embrace new systems and process enhancements.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
Administrative Assistant II with Active Secret w/ Ability to Obtain TS
PSS offers a competitive benefits program, and is an equal-opportunity employer.
Interested in applying for one of the positions listed above? Please apply directly via the links above - thank you for your interest.
PSS provides employees with a benefits program that supports retention, and ultimately higher worker productivity. To better serve on projects where long-term employee satisfaction is a concern we provide the following scalable benefits:
- Medical & Hospitalization Insurance
- Prescription Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Leave
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bi-weekly Automatic Payroll Deposit
- Training Programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Special Programs