If you share our passion for long-term care, the pharmacy industry and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, innovative and hands-on work environment, we'd love to hear from you.
The job you are applying to is currently closed to new submittals.
- Job Title
- On-Call Pharmacist
- Open Until Filled
- Vancouver, WA 98683
- Other Location
PropacPayless is a leading specialty service pharmacy, we offer a wide range of customized pharmacy services for the following markets:
• Skilled nursing/intermediate care facilities
• Assisted living/residential care centers
• Behavioral health communities
• Correctional facilities
PropacPayLess LTC Drug is seeking an On-Call Pharmacist--Compliance in our Vancouver facility. Duties include dispensing, script verification, overseeing of technicians, and drug utilization review. Valid WA Pharmacist License required.
01. Review orders and provide validation code to nursing staff for pulling medication from the Cubex machine.
02. Review Cubex reports as needed to monitor usage and trends
03. Verify accuracy of cubie restocks
04. Initial review of new orders input by technicians against the hard-copy prescriptions
05. Verify orders for appropriate dosage, reviewing reports on drug interactions and duplicate therapy
06. Check final packaged product against the label
07. Compound prescription as needed
08. Consulting with medical professionals on patient therapies and outcomes
09. Supervise pharmacy technician when needed
10. Package and assist with shipping orders as needed
11. Data entry of order when necessary
Company Wide Responsibilities:
01. Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere of the company.
02. Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, employee, company information and records.
03. Maintains a safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
04. Adheres strictly to company policy and procedures as well as Medicare standards and practices.
05. Complies with the attendance policy.
06. Maintains neat appearance, good personal hygiene and appropriate attire.
07. Participates in continuing education, training, in-services, and attends staff meetings as required.
08. Assists with projects as assigned and performs other related duties.
PropacPayless Pharmacy seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Required Skills
01. Must be licensed with Washington State Board of Pharmacy and in good standing
02. Experience in LTC setting a plus
03. Complies with all laws application to practice site (Board of Pharmacy, DEA and FDA)
04. Stay current in professional obligations and education
05. Understands pharmacist role and function within legal scope of practice
06. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and internal staff
07. Must be flexible in work schedule as needed.