Systems Administrator 2 (Windows)
- Job Title
- Systems Administrator 2 (Windows)
- Job ID
- Annapolis Junction, MD
- Other Location
Legato, LLC Senior Recruiter Stan Blackwell (firstname.lastname@example.org / 410-218-0900) would love to speak with you regarding the following position: Systems Administrator 2 (Windows) in Annapolis Junction, MD.
What You Will Do
- Provide hands-on system administration support as part of a team performing moderately complex system maintenance and operations support of Windows servers, to include services such as Print, Web, File, virus protection, application installation, and other like services.
- Monitoring the health and stability of a large infrastructure; perform daily maintenance to ensure stability with minimal degradation of service.
- Team duties include performing the basic day-to-day 24/7 system administration tasks, scheduling new customer software releases, performing system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches, and resolving software-related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products.
- Provide general troubleshooting on the server enterprise, maintain data files, and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Ensure all server documentation is current.
- Coordinate hardware maintenance and repairs with vendors.
- Participate in SIT testing as required.
- Interface with the architecture organization during the discrepancy reporting process.
- Assist in the overall modernization of the enterprise.
- May be asked to participate in analyzing new hardware/software needs and to participate in Client requirements reviews and meetings pertaining to customer issues.
Who You Will Work With
You will work closely with other highly skilled and experienced Systems Administrators and Help Desk professionals.
Who You Are
You have experience with problem solving and analytical skills. Have thorough system administration (policies and procedures) knowledge
Our minimum requirements for this role:
Security Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/ Polygraph
- Ten (10) years of experience as an SA in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity are required. Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough file server support and maintenance knowledge
- 5 years of client/server support and troubleshooting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of general Wintel server administration experience, preferably for Windows 2016, 2012 and 2008 server operating systems.
- Knowledge of the HP and Dell hardware infrastructure.
- Understanding of internet support and security concepts.
- Ability to interpret software and hardware documentation.
- Understanding of LAN infrastructure protocols, e.g., DHCP, DNS.
- In-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Directory Services, Print Services, SCCM, File Services, Messaging Services, Web Services and SOE/Engineering Services.
- Thorough knowledge of SupportIT ticketing system.
What Your Future Manager Says
"Our team at Legato Corp is a family first company that is growing every day and we look forward to finding that perfect Systems Administrator that will bring us to the cutting edge of technology and keep us moving forward." ~Vice President
About Your New Company
Legato, LLC is a dynamic small business headquartered in Odenton, adjacent to Ft. Meade, MD. Our IT engineers and security experts are among the top of their field and enjoy working at Legato for its attention to its employees, aggressive compensation, and benefits package and upward mobility possibilities.
Legato, LLC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions