Lead .Net Developer/Architect (.NET 4.5+/C#) (30% Design & Architecture, 60% Development, 10% Mentorship) - Contract
- Job Title
- Lead .Net Developer/Architect (.NET 4.5+/C#) (30% Design & Architecture, 60% Development, 10% Mentorship) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Lead .Net Developer/Architect (.NET 4.5+/C#) (30% Design & Architecture, 60% Development, 10% Mentorship)
The Lead .NET Developer/Architect is an experienced .NET developer targeting the .NET 4.5+ platform and C#. As a lead specialist, you are responsible for mentoring a highly talented team of developers, leading by example and working with the Solution/Lead Architect and other team leads to design solutions, select libraries and frameworks as well as establish best-practices for global solutions. Expertise in the .NET Framework and design patterns as well as knowledge of libraries and frameworks is extremely important.
- 10+ years of experience developing using.NET technologies. Experience developing application with Java is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server development a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Expert in developing efficient, service-oriented applications, with in-depth knowledge of HTTP, REST and JSON. Experience with JSON+API is a plus.
- Experience with ASP.NET Web API, Caste Windsor and NHibernate, or similar, are required.
- Experience with event-driven/message-based, service-oriented development.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with competencies in design patterns, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Software development and testing experience using .NET, C# and SQL.
- Prior exposure to messaging platforms such as message brokers and service busses as well as protocols like AMQP and MQTT.
- Basic understanding of security standards such as OAuth, SAML and WS-Security.
- Experience with large systems software design, development, deployment and support.
- International software development experience (multi-lingual, multi-currency, geographic and locale awareness) a plus.
- Working knowledge of such platforms as Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
- Proficient at using code profiling and debugging tools.
- Understanding of different phases of software development life cycle.
- Passion for learning new or evolving technologies.
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with both non-technical & technical co-workers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Work with the team to develop next-generation commerce applications using .NET, C# and SQL. Responsible for segments or phases of broader and more complex aspects of projects with a global focus on development.
- Understand, identify and implement reusable code in an object oriented fashion.
- Apply advanced object-oriented and service-oriented design skills when implementing features
- Rapidly prototype new ideas and concepts.
- Lead the transition of developed applications and systems into testing and production phases for all front end web development work.
- Support all production applications that the team is responsible for developing.
- Maintain the release management cycle as well as the software development environments
- Analyze and recommend solutions to programming issues, defects and bugs as assigned or encountered.
- Keep in touch with the latest .NET technology and service-oriented techniques and continues to develop his/her technical skills.
- Collaborate with the project team and is willing to be flexible to achieve team goals.
- Ownership mentality while maintaining a team focus
- Learn and employ knowledge of the business segment targeted by the software application.
- Work with support personnel to ensure they have a clear understanding of existing or upcoming functionality, prior to it being deployed/rolled-out.
- Develop, mentor, train and support the team of highly talented developers.
- Follow industry standards, patterns and best practices for service and .NET development in implementing business logic.
- Create development standards to be used by the development team.
- Responsible for service architecture decisions to ensure well thought out design and conceptualization, taking into account the suggestions and priorities of the solution architecture.
- Work closely with the team to ensure they are effectively writing, modifying and debugging solution code.
- Review code and perform an adequate level of unit, functional and integrated testing to ensure quality standards are attained.
- Check work for acceptability and conformance with standards.
- Assist team lead in building, deploying and releasing application builds.
(30%) Planning, Design & Architecture
- Analyze the functional requirements and designs and implement them into software modules, clarify scope and breadth of work tasks with business analysts and product managers.
- Participate in project planning, estimation, standup and status meetings as appropriate.
- Assist other developers in producing the relevant artifacts for the project.
- Identify product or process related development issues and provide constructive feedback to the Manager of Development as well as the Technical Delivery Manager.
- Translate the detail design to perform programming tasks to complete the project as required with some supervision.
- Schedule, organize and complete work in accordance with deadlines.