Lead Solution Architect
- Job Title
- Lead Solution Architect
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI 48226
- Other Location
- Define and develop monitoring architecture direction/vision to enable achievement of the business unit/function's and Technology infrastructure group strategy
- Lead key log management and analysis platform(s) discipline by driving technology strategy, implementation and adoption of the platform within Enterprise.
- Develop/ implement patterns and best practices for the platform(s).
- Lead Proof of Concept (POC) initiatives to assist in defining technology direction and enabling business strategy
- Identify trade-offs and negotiate viable compromise meeting both architecture and business goals and requirements
- Keep abreast of technology trends and advancements
- Provide technical input into strategy/capability planning and annual portfolio planning efforts
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support to identify and resolve platform architecture and design issues
- Work with subject matter experts (e.g., network, server infrastructure, etc.) to ensure technology solutions are compliant to standards
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support to identify and resolve architecture and design issues
- Maintain Enterprise Architecture standards/practices and support strategic EA initiatives
- Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree
- 10+ years of engineering experience or equivalent
- 3+ years' experience as a Solution Architect
- 3+ years of experience using Splunk, logstash or similar log analysis platforms
- Experience with implementation of log management, analysis solutions like Splunk, logstash or similar tools.
- Provide thought leadership, be responsible for implementation and rollout of the solution within the enterprise.
- Experience with implementing analyzing logs from a variety of disparate sources and devices in a data centers to be able to more accurately detect issues including experience with data analytics.
- Experience with ability to create custom dashboards, perform event correlation to solve complex monitoring requirements across a variety of infrastructure, O/S, platforms and applications
- Strong understanding of SNMP, creating custom SNMP monitors using Management information base (MIB)
- Experience with ITSI framework and installation
- Experience with implementing network monitoring using tools like Sciencelogic, Solarwinds or similar tools, preferred
- Experience using Python scripting, java.
- Implement best practices, provide reference implementations and guide usage of products Must have experience with using, tuning, and deploying solutions
- Experience building high-volume near real-time data processing applications using tools like log analysis, big data
- Comfortable authoring complex log searches including external table lookups and data models
- Strong understanding of security principles in order to provide solutions for sensitive data in a shared environment
- Ability to develop enterprise guidelines and standards
- Strategic thinking abilities and an enterprise-wide perspective
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including conducting presentations to teams and to customers.
- Ability to break down complex technical topics into common language understandable by non-technical/business-oriented audiences
- Knowledgeable of high-availability and disaster recovery technologies - such as clustering, session management, etc.
- Understanding of Information Security Policy and Procedures how they fit within the IT architecture and infrastructure
- Proven ability to work independently and provide proactive leadership in a complex environment with multiple teams made up of employee, contractor, and/or supplier resources