Senior Java Developer
- Job Title
- Senior Java Developer
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
Senior Java Developer
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Senior JAVA DeveloperJOB DESCRIPTION:
The successful candidate will participate in a team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management to DOD. The position involves the creation of new applications as well as modifications to existing applications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of software applications in a federal government personnel security product.
- Act as a developer on Jasper reports and Web enabled J2EE type applications, gathering requirements, translating business requirements to technical solutions, estimating, coding, debugging, testing, research application/software problems and determining root causes, proposing and implementing solutions.
- Follows standards based software development/engineering processes and procedures, such as CMMI, and delivers high quality components/products.
- Will also need to provide clear and timely status to management as required.
- Java IDE, Eclipse is a plus;
- Jasper Report tool
- Enterprise class IDE tools, WebSphere Studio Application Developer is a plus;
- SCM tools, StarTeam is a plus;
- Data modeling tools, ERWin is a plus;
- Middleware/transport layer, such as SOAP or Java RMI;
- SQL and RDBMS systems, Sybase ASE is a plus;
- Application servers, JBOSS or Red Hat EAP is a plus;
- Web servers, Sun Java Web Server 6.1 or higher is a plus;
- Web technologies and protocols, such as, Web Services, WSDL, TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
- Platforms, such as Windows XP, Unix (Sun Solaris is a plus).
- Familiarity with Department of Defense personnel security issues is a plus
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION / KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent in an engineering or computer field;
- 5 or more years of software development experience, including experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Strong enterprise design skills and experience in a Java based environment, including web services.
- Ability to work in contractor's environment, occasionally.
- Use of Agile skills & methodology
- Must have experience developing and testing Java applications.
- Experience of performance tuning is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases, Web application development, and Web technologies are required.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented design principles, MVC concepts, and data and object models are also required.