- Job Title
- System Engineer
- Job ID
- Omaha, NE
- Other Location
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Systems Engineer
* The candidate hired for this position must be a US Citizen with an active top secret security clearance with eligibility for SCI – or – must be capable of maintaining/obtaining a TS/SCI clearance.
Requirements analysis, functional analysis, and synthesis of USSTRATCOM’s UNIX requirements.
* Build hardware and software technical solutions based on information gathered from submitted requirements documents and customer interviews.
* Develop project definitions and engineering estimates to include cost estimates and cost benefit analyses.
* Manage/perform implementation for technical solutions built.
* Provide inputs on technical refresh and life cycle planning for their systems assigned.
* Participate in all phases of the development life cycle with emphasis on the planning, analysis, testing and acceptance phases.
* Design and prepare technical reports and related documentation.
* Prepare briefings and prepare updates on project/task status.
* Prepare purchase requests and configuration management documentation.
* Attend Integrated Product Team meetings with the Gov’t to learn of new requirements,
* Require frequent interchanges with the customer to determine customer needs and ensure those needs are met. Provide technical expertise, respond to taskings, etc.
* Build UNIX/Linux servers, ensure security requirements are met, test servers/systems/software/hardware, and integrate/install them into the production environment.
* Ensure all necessary documentation to operate and maintain the equipment and/or software is provided to the Service Delivery team.
* Perform performance monitoring and provides documentation of issues and recommendations to Service Delivery
Education and Experience Required:* Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or related Engineering field, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information
Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline, a minimum of 8 to 12 or more years relevant industry experience.
* Ability to interact with employees at all levelsKnowledge and Skills Required:
* Working understanding of system engineering basics.
* UNIX Solaris–10, RedHat Linux 6/7.x and higher, VMware VSphere 5.x and higher
* System integration (hardware, software, network, and database)
* Oracle / HP hardware system operation and performance and system effectiveness
* SAN hardware layout and configuration
* System security, Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG)
* System engineering tools
* Microsoft Project
* Information Assurance Technical Level II within 120 days of hire is required (e.g., Security + ce)
* Communication skills
* Time Management
* Presentation Skills