- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- West Bloomfield, MI 48322
- Other Location
JOB DESCRIPTION | SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The Systems Engineer role is to ensure the stability, integrity and efficient operation of HLM’s in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, documenting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE.
- Working knowledge of network and server operating systems, including RHE Linux.
- 3+ years of experience with core applications, such as Apache and MySQL.
- Experience in maintaining Salesforce Sales Cloud and related applications.
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards.
- Experience working within a Unix shell/Mac terminal environment – running script commands
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent organization, communication, follow-up skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong desire to roll up your sleeves and make things better.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Gauging the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; developing and implementing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Monitoring and testing system performance.
- Designing and performing server and security audits, system backup procedures and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Conducting research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Enhancing core company platform(s) to support business and client needs.
- Collaborating with other team members, across the organization, to provide best possible solutions.
- Documenting operational systems and processes.
- Setting up new employee’s workstations and access.
- Supporting team members with basic office troubleshooting.