Sr. QA Performance Engineer (JMETER / BLAZEMETER Expert) - Contract
- Job Title
- Sr. QA Performance Engineer (JMETER / BLAZEMETER Expert) - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Sr. QA Performance Engineer (Looking for a JMETER / BLAZEMETER Expert)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
The Senior QA Performance Engineer is responsible for setting the standards and best practices of software Performance Testing into the overall quality assurance process for all eCommerce applications.
The individual will partner with the development team managers and Project delivery leads to ensure that Performance testing has been accounted for and executed for all projects. This individual will be coding, reviewing code, executing scripts, reporting out results and overseeing the overall Performance testing process. This position will report to the Director of QA. (Mainly LoadRunner/Performance Center experience will not be considered)
- 6+ years of experience in software Performance Engineering
- Expert experience in JMeter / any open source performance testing tools
- Expert working knowledge of Splunk/Elk stack.
- Expert performance test engineering experience in both Web and Client Server applications.
- Must be able to present finding to C-Level executives
- Champion everything Performance
- Ability to work independently with an aptitude for detailed work and follow-up activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Excellent team player with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
(80%) Validation of Quality Applications
- Hands-on Script development using JMeter/BlazeMeter other open source tools.
- Estimate performance testing deliverables for all applicable projects.
- Develop, document, and maintain the test strategy and test scenarios.
- Recommend new/better tools for performance testing
- Certify software performance functionality for new Production releases.
- Collaborate with Operations team to monitor applications to ensure applications perform as planned.
- Review, escalate and resolve reported incidents and defects escalated by PulseCare or Customer Care
- Collaborate with other support teams as needed including Cloud Engineering and NOC Operations.
- Track defects on issues found.
- Perform detailed analysis on any bottlenecks found during test executions.
- Develop and implement an enterprise level QA Performance Testing Strategy inclusive of people, process and tools that will drive higher quality and efficiency.
- Instill a culture of Performance awareness amongst the technology teams.
- Work with the existing teams to decide on what Performance test tools should be utilized and make sure it’s used consistently across the board.
- Coordinate the perf testing efforts including internal and external resources, be on point to ensure all areas of the application are fully tested.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for the various applications
- Develop and maintain service level metrics for systems, including response time, failover, time to failure, and time to recover.
- Research and help build out a scalable Performance Testing environment that is logically and physically representative of production.