Driven by a Passion for Excellence
We are proud to be the leading independent Global Sales Organization serving the Meetings & Incentives marketplace, with 250+ member luxury hotels and resorts. We have a passion for our clients, a passion for our Members, and a passion to serve. If you are inspired to find out more about the exciting career opportunities at ALHI, join our talent network by creating a profile, or apply for an existing open position.
We offer the largest portfolio of 4 & 5 Diamond/Star Meeting & Incentive resorts located in the world's most desirable locations.
A Great Place To Work
- Competitive Compensation Package - Wages & Vacation/Sick/Holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability - First day of employment for eligible associates
- 401(k), with employer contributions
- Positive work culture - A diverse and dynamic team of top-level hospitality/travel professionals
- Job Title
- Accounting Manager
- Job ID
- Boston, MA 02108
- Other Location
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level members in operations and other financial professionals which requires strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
The Accounting Manager shall report directly to the Global Controller.
The Accounting Manager must be a highly-motivated individual with an outstanding work ethic. The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks, be detail-oriented, organized and able to successfully direct multiple projects through completion.
This individual must be able to successfully manage interpersonal relations and communicate clearly to effectively train and support others. It is imperative that the Accounting Manager possesses an exemplary record of ethical behavior, vigorous interest in industry relations, and a strong commitment to brand standards.
At least five years of experience, with increasing responsibility, is required, as well as solid communication, technology and analytical abilities. Working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, and some experience in ERP implementation is also preferred.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required, with preference for candidates with advanced credentials such as a Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Duties and responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Preparing and/or reviewing appropriate general ledger entries and reconciliations
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
- Responsible for the monthly consolidation of all legal entities and proper reconciliation of intercompany transactions and balances
- Working experience with foreign currency revaluation
- Responsible for treasury items including cash flow forecasts, oversight of AP, Bank Compliance activities and other banking requirements
- Responsible for revenue recognition and other areas of the financial statements as determined
- Responsible for tax compliance related to US entity
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Oversight and training of new and existing staff, as needed.
- Support Global Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Associated Luxury Hotels International.
Performs other related duties, as assigned by the Global Controller.