Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby/OpenSource)
- Job Title
- Sr. Software Engineer (Ruby/OpenSource)
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37208
- Other Location
Title: Senior Software Engineer (Open-source technologies)
Location: Surrounding Nashville, TN area
- Would pay to transportation to conduct interview for out of town candidate!!
- Would help with relocation costs!!
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client is currently recruiting for a Sr. Software Engineer to join their team in the surrounding Nashville area. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you would work alongside our software engineering teams in the surrounding Nashville area, Raleigh and San Francisco. Our client offers the best of both worlds - the candidate would be working in a department that offers a 'start-up mentality', but you'd be working for an organization that is very successful, utilizes cutting edge technology, and has been around for over 50 years. There is a lot of visibility in this department, and and you have the opportunity to grow and learn from very talented individuals. They are an open-source shop, but are open to looking at talent that comes from a diversified background.
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to be part of dynamic, continually growing company and culture where your contributions make a real difference and new ideas are always welcome.
- Amazingly smart and dedicated team.
- A competitive compensation package with generous benefits.
- The best office and culture with talent to match.
- Cutting edge digital open source technology stacks and high volume global transactions that have a massive positive impact on students, classrooms, and institutions of higher learning
Main Responsibilities for Success:
- Expand existing software
- Develop new software products from the ground up, staying true to our company’s core values and needs while lending your own creativity to the mix.
- Focus on creating fault-tolerant programming.
- Create scalable, automated solutions.
- Work directly with support to solve customer problems.
- Write tests for existing and new code.
- Directing software development projects.
- Translate business requirements and objectives into technical applications and solutions.
- Supports and develops software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
Minimum Preferred Qualifications
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree OR directly related year for year experience
- 6 years software development experience
We’ll be excited to hear if you at least one of the following, from each line item:
- Experience working with GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Deployment and Server Management, Docker, Linux, Rspec
- Working knowledge of Git, HTML5, Responsive Design, REST API, MVC
- Experience with TDD or BDD