IT Project Manager - Cyber security
- Job Title
- IT Project Manager - Cyber security
- Job ID
San Diego based global enterprise is looking for an operative Information Security Project Manager to develop and align high profile Info Sec projects across multiple stakeholders while providing project management guidance to these stakeholders. The ideal candidate will drive vulnerability and risk management initiatives and liaise with key stakeholders to provide updates and ensure closure on these initiatives. You have the support of executive leadership and the strength of the global team, all backing an organization that knows the true importance of enterprise security.
Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record of alignment of Information Security initiatives across global markets. This individual should be able to manage multiple projects with broad scope, ambiguity, and a high degree of difficulty. The right person will have the following qualifications:
- Expert with a high level of analytical ability where problems are typically unusual and difficult.
- The ability to gather and interpret complex qualitative or quantitative data
- Proven success with the development and management of schedules for projects, ensuring alignment with team parallel priorities.
- Requirements gathering and alignment of security initiatives from other teams
- The ability to work with InfoSec lead and other leads to identify key milestone deliverables, costs, and timelines.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively any risks, vulnerabilities and impacts of missed milestones and delay in project deadlines.
- The ability to create and deliver informative, well-organized and impactful presentations as well as project plans, reports, budgets, and other project documents.
- Display knowledge of encryption technologies, identity and authentication technologies and information assurance assessment tools,
In addition to a solid track record of Technical Project Management, the right candidate will have several, but may not have all, of the following skill and attributes:
The basic requirements of this role include:
- 5+ years of Project Management experience
- Degree from a four-year college (BS) in Software Technology, Engineering, IT or Information Security
- Possesses a solid understanding in the areas of Info Sec and Cyber Security
- Ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence, and confidence
- Ability to adapt and be effective in new situations a highly dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills
We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
The Lead Information Security Engineer will be located in the San Diego headquarters where he or she can best influence enterprise technical strategy.
Our client knows that their business runs through the power of the people it values. They offer a strong benefit package as well as performance incentives and possible relocation assistance.
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)