- Job Title
- DevOps Engineer
- Job ID
- London, London EC2M, 2PY
- Other Location
WHO WE ARE
Cloud9 Technologies is a voice communication and analytics platform for institutional traders. We leverage cloud services including AWS, a wide array of web services, WebRTC, as well as advanced deep learning techniques to empower firms with the benefit of modern communication tools and enhance trader workflow with actionable voice data & analytics.
Our company was started in 2014 by a team of motivated entrepreneurs and highly successful industry veterans that have started several businesses and taken multiple companies through public offerings. We are well funded, with investors including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, NEX, and Point72 Asset Management. Cloud9 has been profiled in publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Forbes, and Waters Technology. Our award-winning technology was a named the 2017 Best Sell-Side Trading Communication System by Waters Technology for the second year in a row, recognized in the Top 10 innovative solutions of the year by the Futures and Options Industry Association, named to the CB Insights Fintech 250, and the FinTech Global RegTech 100.
By bringing together an experienced group of engineers, product managers, and industry experts, Cloud9 developed a communications platform for the trading floor of the future – offering more functionality and analytic insight than legacy hardware at a fraction of the cost. We’re a group of pioneers who enjoy solving challenges and building disruptive technology – and we’re looking to hire the best and brightest.
Join our team to contribute to the development of the most secure, compliant, and reliable communications platform in the financial services industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions in an AWS environment with Jenkins at the center and automate the code delivery pipeline with the goal of one click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterized builds.
- Be a DevOps champion, subscribe to the DevOps mentality and the philosophy of automating everything.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Cloud9 Technologies infrastructure and applications.
- Manage our global AWS services and infrastructure while assisting in the deployment and roll-out of new features and products.
- Work with the development team to cross-pollinate DevOps processes and ensure that new architectures are drawn up with “ease of management”, delivery, and operability in mind.
- Serve as a key member of the DevOps team while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of Cloud9 internal and client facing systems.
- Troubleshoot application and service issues or system outages while clearly communicating status updates with management and engineering teams.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
What we can expect from you:
- 2+ years of hands on AWS experience.
- Experience with different AWS services as ElastiCache, Aurora MySQL, NoSQL DynamoDB, pub/sub, messaging, caching technologies, S3, lambda.
- Experience with containers, Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, and ECS.
- Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery using Jenkins.
- Experience using git and deep knowledge of git branching/merging workflow, especially as it relates to automation and CI pipelines.
- Experience with Terraform or/and CloudFormation.
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible and deep understanding of configuration.
- Strong scripting experience in Bash, Python, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- Experience with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, Nagios, DataDog, SignalFX, New Relic, Splunk.
- Ability to integrate third party & propitiatory API’s into our automation and SDLC.
- Networking experience within complex environments using application load balancing, routing, switching, DNS, network firewalls, and web application firewalls.
- Background in Unix/ Linux administration, at least 2 years.
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other DevOps engineers, product managers, developers, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.
Cloud9 Technologies LLC values diversity of culture and thought and seeks talented, qualified employees in all its locations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other protected classification under country or national law.