Dev-Ops Senior Engineer (Docker)
- Job Title
- Dev-Ops Senior Engineer (Docker)
- Job ID
- Rockville, MD 20852
- Other Location
DevOps Infrastructure Engineer, Containerization CaaS
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust level of clearance
Talent Orchard LLC, a boutique talent acquisition-consulting firm, has been retained under contract by a Federal Contractor to assist in identifying a Docker Infrastructure Engineer with strong containerization expertise. This individual will provide technical support services necessary to permit a Federal Client to provide a turnkey Container as a Solution (CaaS) service. The Senior Engineer shall be responsible for engagement delivery as well as being the technical lead to implement container solutions.
Provide hands-on DevOps technical engineering support services necessary to permit a Federal Client to provide a turnkey Container-as-a-Service (CaaS) solution offering. The DevOps Engineer shall actively participate with other DevOps Engineers to implement container solutions responsible for engagement delivery.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Install and maintain various components of Docker Enterprise environment supporting highly complex large-scale data center environment
- Integrate the Docker Enterprise components with third party tools to support all the monitoring, logging, volumes, networking and security requirements
- Document the technical instructions, architectural diagrams, standard operating procedures
- Provide scripting solutions to automate various manual aspects of the Docker EE administration
- Work with a cross functional data center team, participate/lead meetings to resolve complex implementation challenges
- Work closely with the representatives of legacy application teams and assist with transitioning those applications to a Docker based environment; migrating existing workloads to containers.
- Ensure stability and availability of Docker EE environment by proactively administering the systems
- Work closely with the data center operations teams to support the operations on systems hosting Docker eco-system
- Accountable for all aspects of task execution and manages the hands-on, day-to-day execution of related operational activities
- Responsible for project management operations using industry best practices and resourcing of all task requirements, including staffing, and Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) accountability
- Ensuring that task risks are identified and managed
- Escalate issues to the Program Manager and implement mitigation plans
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience required
Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Very strong self-starter with excellent communication skills
- 8+ years of Linux systems design, engineering and administration experience with demonstrated advancement to guide technology decisions
- Experience in Containerized Applications lifecycle management tools and resources such as Docker Compose, Docker CLI/API, Docker Build, Docker Trusted Registry, Docker Container Engine, Volumes, Secrets.
- Experience with enterprise security tools, log management, job scheduling and monitoring solutions.
- Strong scripting skills; Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby
- Experience with managing container based environments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience in DevOps tools and processes (DevOps experience in Container environment is a plus): Jenkins, GitHub, Ansible
- Strong conceptual, analytical, judgment and communication abilities.
- Familiarity with various traditional and innovative project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work collaboratively with business users, managers and non-technical staff.
- Flexibility to work overtime, as needed, to include weekends, holidays, and off-hours.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.