Driven by a Passion for Excellence
We are proud to be the leading independent Global Sales Organization serving the Meetings & Incentives marketplace, with 250+ member luxury hotels and resorts. We have a passion for our clients, a passion for our Members, and a passion to serve. If you are inspired to find out more about the exciting career opportunities at ALHI, join our talent network by creating a profile, or apply for an existing open position.
We offer the largest portfolio of 4 & 5 Diamond/Star Meeting & Incentive resorts located in the world's most desirable locations.
A Great Place To Work
- Competitive Compensation Package - Wages & Vacation/Sick/Holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability - First day of employment for eligible associates
- 401(k), with employer contributions
- Positive work culture - A diverse and dynamic team of top-level hospitality/travel professionals
Event Manager- Americas
- Job Title
- Event Manager- Americas
- Job ID
- Boston, MA
- Other Location
Associated Luxury Hotels is the premier global luxury sales organization representing over 300 of the world’s most iconic luxury hotels and resorts in the meetings and incentive business. Our member hotels include the Breakers, Pebble Beach, The Broadmoor, Bellagio, Aria, Monarch Beach, and The American Club. And, we have an absolute blast doing it!
We have a new opportunity for a bright, innovative Public Relations and marketing change agent who loves travel and wants to play a key role in shaping the future of our business while working with a world class and uber-talented corporate Marketing team. Very competitive compensation and benefits package (which includes unlimited time off) and innovative WeWork office location on Beacon Hill in downtown Boston with remote office flexibility.
Event Manager- Americas
The Event Manager will be an integral part of the Marketing team, and responsible for assisting in the management of all showcase, tradeshow and executive-level events across both portfolios- ALHI and WorldHotels, in the Americas. The Event Manager will work with the appropriate individuals to manage all event timelines, deadlines and budgets. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with Sales colleagues to ensure growth by driving member and customer participation at all events.
The Event Manager shall report directly to the Director of Meetings & Events.
The Event Manager will be self-motivated with an outstanding work ethic. The ideal candidate is driven and passionate about all facets of event planning, plus have experience identifying industry trends and opportunities, coordinating multiple ongoing showcase, tradeshow and executive-level event programs. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate exceptional creative flair in executing exciting event programming that delivers impactful results that support brand objectives.
Previous experience in meeting/event planning is required. This individual must demonstrate strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills, including the ability to present recommendations to the senior leadership team The Event Manager must be a detail-oriented, organized and able to successfully direct multiple projects with through completion.
A minimum of 3 years of working experience in a related field, preferably at a hotel, resort or marketing or event planning firm company that specializes in hospitality, PR and marketing, is preferred. A clear understanding of the lodging industry and the various distribution channels will be a plus, as well as a demonstrated ability to prepare and effectively maintain meeting/event budgets. An Associate Degree, in hospitality and/or Event Planning, is required.
Duties and responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Assist the Director Meetings & Events in the management of all showcase, tradeshow and executive level events for both company portfolios- ALHI and WorldHotels.
- Ongoing creation of new and fresh ideas/concepts is critical to elevate events and drive company objectives.
- Help manage all third party premium provider/gift distributor for both company portfolios.
- Identify creative new gift options and processes that drive brand recognition and growth objectives.
- Expand the reach of new customer attendance at all events.
- Manage and secure all booths and booth designs in the Americas.
- Stay up-to-date with all industry related event trends and recommend new opportunities to the leadership team.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure maximum customer participation at tradeshow events.
- Stay up-to-date with all compliance, legal and regulatory guidelines that impact meetings and events.
- Assist with vendor relations for events.
- Onsite event management (where necessary).
- Oversee all pre- and post- event shipping of materials.
- Uphold highest of internal and external customer service always.
- Work with senior leadership team, sales team, customers and members to align goals and successfully work through business challenges.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Associated Luxury Hotels.
- Performance of other duties, as needed and as assigned by Director of Meetings & Events.