Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer
- Job ID
Our client is one of the largest, global manufacturing and distribution organizations in the West and we are searching for a talented Data Warehouse Engineer to design and implement efficient, flexible and scalable data warehouse operations and data structures. This is a senior level role with the ability to influence IT and business direction as well as mentor junior staff on best in breed technology. With an overall mission of wellness and research into sustainable products, you will be a part of a mindful community, working to bring the enterprise to the cutting edge of technology. You will have the opportunity to influence our technology landscape through collaboration with other engineers, product owners, architects, managers and the executive team. Our ideal candidate will be a technical leader with expertise in Data Warehousing and a passion for applying technology to solve business challenges.
In addition to a solid track record of advanced Data Warehouse Engineering, the right candidate will have several, but may not have all, of the following skills experience and attributes:
- Support and maintain existing Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Efforts
- Engage with business units and subject matter experts to determine requirements and specifications for data structures in the EDW
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and support data warehouse processes and systems
- Document EDW systems, data flows and processes
- Ensure changes conform to standards, are thoroughly tested, and will not break systems
- Maintain familiarity and provide direction for the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
- Participate in technical design and code reviews
- Lead or mentor Data Warehouse Engineers as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-ish years experience in Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence or related field
- In the neighborhood of 5 years experience in database solutions using TSQL and/or PL SQL
- Ability to work and communicate well with technical and non-technical people
- Strong problem solving skills
- Seasoned experience in Kimball Data Warehousing Methodologies
- Seasoned experience with Microsoft SQL Server, Change Data Capture (CDC)
- Experience with SSDT Database Projects
- Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience with Power BI (preferably on premise)
We are well aware that talent comes in all sorts of different configurations. If you're wondering whether or not you're qualified, contact us directly so we can discuss the relationship between work purpose and prior experience.
This role will be located in Idaho Falls, Idaho and a robust relocation package is available. Compensation rivals larger cities in the Western States and cost of living is extremely affordable!
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Idaho Falls is a haven for outdoor recreation enthusiasts. We have low costs of living, border the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, and are surrounded on all sides by majestic mountain ranges, rivers, reservoirs, endless trails, renowned ski slopes and natural hot springs. Don't take our word for it; find out what Businessweek and National Geographic Magazine say about Idaho Falls, Idaho:
- Best Places to Raise Your Kids http://images.businessweek.com/ss/09/11/1117_best_places_to_raise_kids/13.htm
- Top 100 Best Adventure Townshttp://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/weekend-getaways/idaho/idaho-falls-travel
- Idaho Falls: #1 on the June 2013 Kiplinger rating for Lowest Cost of Living Areas in the US:http://www.kiplinger.com/slideshow/real-estate/T006-S001-10-cheapest-u-s-cities-to-live-in/index.html
Blackmere Consulting is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled/Protected Statuses)