Senior Java Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Java Engineer
- Job ID
- Broomfield, CO 80021
- Other Location
Conexess Group is aiding a local healthcare client in their search for a Senior Java Engineer to come on board for a long term contract. Ideal candidates will have 6 plus years of Java experience and the significant RESTful and web services exposure.
The Java Software Engineer will be responsible for designing, developing, debugging, modifying, and evaluating enterprise Java/Web SaaS solutions for the Healthcare Payer/Provider Market.
- Designs, implements and maintains code based on functional and technical requirements.
- Performs reviews of code and applications, including developing automated tests to assure quality.
- Follows established processes for performing work.
- Recommends improvements to both processes and products.
- Works well in a strongly collaborative but mature agile development environment.
- Prefers to generalize and work in a variety of areas instead of specializing in any one technical area (server, client, DB, multiple applications).
- Solid understanding of good coding and testing practices,
- Functional understanding of design patterns.
- Familiar with RESTful principles.
- 6 plus years of Java development experience
- Solid understanding of testing practices
- Previous experience Performing reviews of code and application
- Solid experience with RESTful principles and/or web services
- Experience with Modern continuous integration CI, build, version control tools
- Experience with programming Design Patterns, Architecture, Design, Test Driven Development, Dependency Injection, Mocking
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Modern Java frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, Grails.
- Testing tools like JUnit, Mockito.
- Continuous integration tools like Team City and build tools like Ant or Maven.