Director, Mortgage Due Diligence Compliance
- Job Title
- Director, Mortgage Due Diligence Compliance
- Job ID
- Jacksonville, FL
- Other Location
Position Summary: The Director, Mortgage Due Diligence Compliance will be responsible for directing programs, policies, and practices to ensure that all business units are in compliance with mortgage related policies and reporting regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the tracking of laws and regulations that impact the organization's practices and oversight of mortgage due diligence compliance across the company’s software applications systems, residential mortgage loan documentation and reporting.
- Ensure the company's knowledge and compliance on all laws and regulations relating to mortgage compliance activities, including, but not limited to: Lending Regulations: Truth-in-Lending (Regulation Z) Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA), Flood Insurance Requirements and Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (Regulation C) Other Operational Regulations: Fair Lending (ECOA, FHA), FCRA/FACTA, Fair Debt Collection Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information (regulation P), GLBA, and Information Security.
- Review, create and maintain company policies and procedures for conducting compliance reviews based on regulatory and client guidelines.
- Work with the information technology team to continuously develop company systems in order to ensure regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Guide and direct the development of the staff as it relates to compliance regulations.
- Prepares and provides reporting to clients and internal management.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The qualified candidate must have:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability and experience to manage people.
- Effectiveness as a team player.
- Ability to easily prioritize job duties according to the needs of the company.
- Strong sense of professionalism and positivity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop rapport with all levels of associates and establish credibility.
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to use good judgment.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills.
- Problem solving and decision making ability.
- Ability to produce quality work.
- Ability to think and solve problems strategically.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and consistently meet multiple deadlines.
Expertise in residential mortgage lending compliance evidenced by a minimum of 10 years of mortgage due diligence and/or consumer residential mortgage compliance experience. Experience directly related to mortgage compliance technology products and services, including knowledge of loan origination systems, residential mortgage loan documents, and the delivery of compliance solutions through technology. Knowledge of ComplianceEase and agile processes a plus.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of and experience with mortgage due diligence software. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook). Previous experience with Mavent, ComplianceEase, MSP, Black Knight/LPS and Fiserv preferred.