Senior Opto Mechanical Packaging Design Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Opto Mechanical Packaging Design Engineer
- Job ID
- Zurich, Switzerland, CH-8803
- Other Location
Our Swiss client, a leading worldwide supplier of high performance optical sensor solutions is in search of a:
Working a multidisciplinary team being responsible of the design:
- Packaging design of optoelectronic devices
- Integrating the electronic, optics and mechanics
- Contribute in refining company proprietary opto-electronic packaging technologies
- Drive the other junior members in the design team with mechanical design, analysis and simulations.
- Be responsible of the product technical documentation
- Act as technical project manager on the assigned development projects
- Reports to the Product Design Team Manager
Required Skills & Knowledge:
Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of experiences working in a similar position, should be familiar in handle multidisciplinary technical teams engaged in the product design and have a completed education, preferably a masters degree or higher in: mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical or mechatronic engineering.
- Strong background and experience in mechanical design, 3D modeling (Solid Works, Creo and AutoCAD preferred), prototyping and development
- Good experience designing very small electro-optics components
- Good knowledge of mechanical and thermal behavior of plastic materials
- Good knowledge of various molding techniques
- Scientific method, experimental process, root cause analysis, tolerance analysis.
- Excellent critical analysis and logic/reasoning skills.
- Skill in Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) numerical techniques for thermal modeling and mechanical finite element analysis (FEA) of IC packaging, using FLOSIMULATION or COMSOL or similar tools is a plus.
- Have a very good level in English communication (spoken and written)
- German is a plus.
As a member of the company team, the candidate will have a wide and varying set of responsibilities as our organization grows and evolves. These may include:
- Sharing the responsibility in Product Design team with the members.
- Ongoing support to other members of the company design team locally and abroad
- Contributing to the ongoing creation of a positive, productive work environment
- Must be willing to travel, 20% of the work time
- Required Skills
5+ years work experience in optics
BSc in Engineering or Science related
EU passport holder