|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
Active Directory Administrator - Cloud
- Job Title
- Active Directory Administrator - Cloud
- Job ID
- Radford, VA
- Other Location
Experience: A total of at least 3-5 years of experience with Active Directory.
1. CompTIA Security+
2. Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for an Active Directory Administrator supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
JOB DUTIES –
• Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
• Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
• Serve as overall subject matter expert on Active Directory Administrator technology and market capabilities/trends.
• Responsible for planning and long-term maintenance of Active Directory infrastructure
• Handle day-to-day tasks associated with maintaining the directory service and infrastructure
• Ensure the directory continues to function
• Ensure goals established in service level agreements are maintained
• Manage domain controllers and other network services, such as DNS, that are required for Active Directory Services
• Control forest-wide settings
• Complete ongoing Active Directory deployment tasks, adding and removing domain controllers, establishing and removing trusts, as needed
• Serve the service owner roles of Forest Owner, Site Topology Owner, and DNS for AD owner
• Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
• Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
• Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
• Mid to senior level Active Directory Administrator experience supporting Active Directory in a cloud environment
• Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSE, etc.)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
• Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
• Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
• Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Powershell, DSC, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) - preferred
Clearance requirements: Interim Secret