|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
- Job Title
- Cloud Engineer
- Job ID
- Radford, VA
- Other Location
Experience: A total of at least 3-5 years of experience as a Cloud Engineer
1. CompTIA Security+
2. Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.) – can be waived for 30 days after project join date.
This position is for a Cloud Engineer supporting the ALTESS commercial cloud services infrastructure. ALTESS is a managed service provider for Army and DoD IT systems and plans to offer managed cloud services in Microsoft Azure followed closely by Amazon Web Services.
JOB DUTIES –
• Build new cloud based data center services environments for DoD cloud initiatives.
• Assist with identifying and planning potential new cloud services, features, and capabilities.
• Serve as overall subject matter expert on Cloud Engineer technology and market capabilities/trends.
• Collaborate with internal and external parties to transform high-level technical objectives into comprehensive technical requirements.
• Formulate detailed network, storage, and compute design specifications for stable and secure computing operations in a dynamic cloud based environment.
• Make recommendations for improvements to security, scalability, manageability, and performance across a wide variety of network, storage, and compute technologies.
• Mid to senior level Cloud Engineer experience
• Security+ (Or equivalent IA cert) and computing environment certification (i.e. MCSD Azure Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, etc. strongly preferred)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
• Experience automating routine administrative tasks desired
• Strong experience with IPSEC/VPN, and other secure transport technologies as well as BGP
• Proven experience migrating on-premise applications to the cloud
• Understanding of network, storage, server, and application technologies
• Strong knowledge of automation concepts, tools, and scripting languages (Ansible, Terraform, Python, Powershell, Bash, Puppet, Chef, etc.)
• Working knowledge of code repositories tools such as Git preferred
• Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) – preferred
Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline experience such as Jenkins, Travis CI, AWS CodeDeploy - preferred
Clearance requirements: Interim Secret