Supply Chain Logistics Director
- Job Title
- Supply Chain Logistics Director
- Job ID
Supply Chain Director
The Supply Chain Logistics Director is the first team member being hired for this function. This role is with a unique food tech company in Manhattan. This position will own the supply chain function in a hands-on role, so the ideal candidate will need to be a true “Jack-of-all-trades”. This start-up role will help define the ERP system implementation and set the foundation for the organization’s supply chain. Must be a team player, a confident self-starter, one who is extremely curious and draws energy by an organization in rapid growth mode.
- Manages and owns Inventory/Supply Chain/Logistics function.
- Assesses current SAP system for needs. Researches and selects new ERP system if needed.
- Responsible for ERP system implementation and rollout.
- Audits and tracks vendor costs & activities.
- Coordinates with R&D on quality/cost assessment for new ingredient/raw material suppliers/vendors.
- Coordinates with R&D for all ingredient raw material purchases and payments.
- Manages the Co-packer relationship from a Production Planning, Warehousing and Shipping to end user’s standpoint.
- Builds/maintains relationships with storage and freight vendors, while being the key point of contact to resolve issues.
- Monitors & tenders all shipments.
- Receives all PODs. Works with finance to issue payments to suppliers/Vendors.
- Manages & analyzes all KPIs and service metrics that are related to Supplier vendors, production capacity, freight, storage, and warehouse capacity.
- Be proactive & anticipatory by recommending actions to deal with market conditions that affect costs and potential projects.
- Ensures the highest and most effective customer service with on time delivery.
- Be proactive about temperature control, related to delivery
- 5 -10+ years’ experience in a hands-on Supply Chain or Logistics role.
- 5-10+ years’ experience working in a food manufacturing environment coordinating/managing logistics OR supply chain
- Past history of managing co-packers is ideal
- Must be sound in managing the financial aspect of this function
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Must be able to commute to Manhattan on a daily week day basis
- Willingness and motivation to work in a fast-paced start- up environment.