City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Administrative Assistant - Tax Department
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant - Tax Department
- Job ID
- Providence, RI
- Other Location
Tax department of a Providence-based company is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their busy team.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will be responsible for a variety of administrative duties for the managers and while accomplishing these and other critical functions:
- Assisting with all day-to-day tasks supporting the staff
- Organizing and expediting the flow of work of the office
- Preparing and organizing large mailings
- Scanning documents and organizing them within the department's database
- Utilizing programs such as Excel, Word, and/or Access to file and track department records and documentation as requested
- Routing and/or answering routine correspondence internally and through various offices and locations
- Initiating any follow-up action regarding typical work processes with both vendors and internal customers as assigned
- Assisting with special projects as necessary
- Promoting effective work practices, working as a team member, and showing respect for co-workers
To be successful as an Administrative Assistant, the following is required:
- You will be expected to apply your organizational and communication skills while displaying a positive, high-energy attitude.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of typical work processes performed daily in an office environment, as well as advanced attention to detail and accuracy in all work assignments.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, are desired with the ability to convey department procedures and objectives in a professional and tactful manner.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Prior administrative experience at a professional services organization is desired
City Personnel is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
- Required Skills