- Job Title
- Lab Supervisor
- Job ID
We are working with a global market leader in food, environmental, pharmaceuticals and cosmetic testing, who is also one of the fastest growing companies in the world, thanks to innovation in technology and service who is looking for a Lab Supervisor in their dairy testing lab. This is a company where people are empowered to make decisions and are rewarded for their success, allowing them to advance in their career.
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Provide Leadership for all producer and microbiology testing operations and reporting
- Ensure all documentation is current and accurate.
- Verify that all samples are handled, stored and tested in a manner that maintains sample integrity at all times.
- Direct all activities in the producer and microbiology testing lab to assure that all samples are processed accurately and in an efficient manner.
- Assist Client Service, Technical Service and Quality in providing resolutions to problems with any and all test results, as needed.
- Work with the Safety Coordinator, verify that all accident investigations have been completed fully and correctly.
- Understand and follow Quality System documents relevant to responsibilities
- Administer, direct, and document the training of assigned staff on job functions
- Implement new methods and equipment
- Maintain and Troubleshoot laboratory equipment and infrared equipment
- Perform statistical data analysis
- Provide detailed management reporting as required
- 2-3 years of experience in a Supervisory role
- 5+ years of experience in an equivalent Food or Dairy Laboratory Services Industry
- Knowledge related to the Dairy Testing Industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Food Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field
- Must be able to communicate oral and written information clearly, concisely, logically and with confidence.
- Must have excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.