Senior Rotating Equipment & Packages Mechanical Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Rotating Equipment & Packages Mechanical Engineer
- Job ID
- Hyderabad, AP
- Other Location
Our client is an industry leader in central Italy which builds equipment for the LNG Oil & Gas sector. We have been tasked with finding a Senior Rotating Equipment & Packages Mechanical Engineer with 10+ years of specific experience on processing rotating equipment & packages.
The position is based in Hyderabad, India and requires frequent trips to Italy to customer HQs. The ideal candidate is a well-honed senior individual contributor who will be actively involved in customer meetings, as well as interactions with other senior personnel, and in leading a junior team of engineers, with 3 to 5 years of experience, back in Hyderabad.
The position is full time and initially based in Hyderabad with the possibility to relocate to Italy for at least one year. The ideal candidate is technical savvy, has worked in an international context in the past, understands how complex teams work and has experience of LNG projects with a special focus on processing rotating equipment & packages while understanding how a whole LNG system works.
The Senior Rotating Equipment & Packages Mechanical Engineer:
- will be responsible for the design, specification, selection, and services relating to processing rotating equipment & packages, in the onshore and offshore oil and gas project environment.
- will function as a technical specialist who makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have a major impact on extensive engineering and related activities of the company.
- will negotiate critical and controversial issues with top-level engineers and managers of other organisations and companies.
- will perform advisory and consulting work for the organisation, as a recognized authority in mechanical equipment.
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a first degree in Mechanical Engineering and full professional qualification as a Chartered Engineer (full member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers or a recognized equivalent).
- He should have experience working for a consulting engineering company, equipment manufacturer, or end-user company.
- Varied and extensive experience of process equipment applications in the onshore and offshore oil and gas project environment to include concept, front-end engineering design, detailed design, commissioning, operations and has experience of design of the static and rotating equipment.
- He has specialist and detailed knowledge of rotating equipment and packages.
- Good working knowledge of equipment design codes and the common design programs is essential.
- Field experience in the manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, and installation is also strongly desired.
- Process Simulation Software packages, highly desired Aspen HYSYS
- Understand process tools, has experience on 3D software and can open and worn on 3D design assembly files
- Extremely fluent in English written and spoken
- Required Skills
- degree in Mechanical Engineering
- professional qualification as a Chartered Engineer (full member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers or a recognized equivalent)
- experience with process equipment applications in the onshore and offshore O&G project environment
- in depth knowledge of rotating equipment and packages
- 10+ years of related work experience
- English language proficiency