LEAPROS® MOBILE APP IS NOW NATIONAL!
and Job Search Tool
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Techonology & Engineering
- Supply Chain & Operations
- Human Resources & Administration
- Sales & Marketing
Director of Accounting
- Job Title
- Director of Accounting
- Job ID
- Huntington Beach, CA 90804
- Other Location
LEAPROS is a Southern California based, Human Capital Recruitment and Advisory Solutions Firm, specializing in the fields of Finance & Accounting, Information Technology & Engineering, Human Resources & Administration, Sales & Marketing, and Supply Chain & Operations. Our services include professional and executive recruitment, contract staffing, consulting, and advisory solutions.
CLIENT PARTNER PROFILE & VALUE PROPOSITION: LEAPROS is excited to have partnered with a large respected healthcare company in their search for a top notch Director of Accounting!
POSITION TITLE: Director of Accounting
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closes (i.e. full accounting cycle).
- Manage, train, and supervise a team of staff, seniors and managers of accounting.
- Approve financial and operational transactions in General Ledgers for business line operations. Ensure General Ledger for all entities is closed accurately and timely. Currently using Workday financial system for all General Ledger accounting.
- Reviews account reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts and analyzes them to determine the appropriateness of the balances. Prepares reconciliations on certain higher-risk account balances.
- Provides support for year-end audit as well as quarterly filings
- Participate in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages to the Board of Directors, lenders and management.
- Oversee the preparation of a variety of periodic intermediate or end products such as cost reports, trial balances, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, or cash flow statements;
- Prepare appropriate commentary or explanations relating to questions from management, budget variances, etc. and work closely with FP&A group as well as all market finance directors.
- Review, investigate and resolve significant accounting and reporting issues.
- Interact with operating and staff personnel to supply or explain data and secure information.
- Identify and help implement process improvement opportunities as they relate to the Accounting and Finance groups.
- Establish and help maintain department policies and procedures and training guides, as well as establishing enhanced documentation for all accounting-related functions.
- Review key contracts and complex arrangements to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Support, review, and implement new Accounting pronouncement changes
- Support business units across several locations.
- Protects protected health information (PHI) in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs special projects and analyses, as well as additional duties as assigned.
- 12+ years accounting experience, including prior management experience (Healthcare Proffered)
- Experienced in building a team.
- Previous combination experience (public accounting experience plus private industry) is strongly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP principals and internal control environments; ability to identify key accounting issues and apply correct treatment under US GAAP.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill.
- Ability to engage and influence multi-level staff up to executive management.
- Prior experience leading teams required
- Corporate accounting experience (preferred, but not required)
- Strong in Microsoft products, in-particular Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration (CPA license preferred)
At LEAPROS, we are committed to our ethical principles and core values, to conducting business in a non-discriminatory manner, and to operating in strict compliance with applicable federal and state laws pertaining to Equal Employment Opportunity.