Sr. Application Developer
- Job Title
- Sr. Application Developer
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Sr. Application Developer
The Senior Application Developer will be responsible for data analysis leveraging metadata, building data quality and exception management systems, Hadoop Spark and Python scripting.
Analysis and translation of requirements into an industry-leading enterprise data quality exception management framework, seamlessly integrating the current system and data assets.
Data profiling analysis, superior design of rules driven data quality system as well as data visualization components. Advancement of data management practices to improve data quality and consistency across multiple systems and channels.
- Use data quality tools to profile the project source data, define or confirm the definition of the metadata, cleanse and accurately check the project data, check for duplicate or redundant records, and provide information on how to proceed with backend ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) processes.
- Resolves issues, mitigates risks and escalate them when appropriate.
- Responsible for designing, testing, deploying, and documenting data quality procedures and their outputs.
- Partner with data stewards to provide summary results of data quality analysis, which will be used to make decisions regarding how to measure business rules and quality of the data.
- Experience researching all available technologies, determine suitability and provide guidance on the best solution for the project at hand.
- Ensure technical documentation appropriately reflects the business process/need; document at a functional level how the procedures work within the data quality applications; system and business requirements are clearly documented and understood during the design and development of the application.
- Support the business in defining plans to ensure organization acceptance of data governance concepts
- BS Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years' work experience.
- Minimum of five years related experience with designing approaches and understanding technologies and techniques for Data Quality processes in large scale data management environments.
- Experience with Data Lakes and data frameworks like Hadoop; knowledge of Hive, Impala, Spark, HBase.
- Experience designing Data Quality Visualization & Dashboards including Data Steward user experience (UX) (facilitated design sessions and user experiences walk through).
- Experience in writing Python scripts, SQL queries for data analysis, visualization, and developing Predictive models using Python for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Ability to quickly learn and work with JBOSS Fuse and Micro-services integration.
- Strong knowledge of Data Quality tools such as IBM Information Analyzer, SQL, Python Scripting.
- Expert SQL experience is required to facilitate analysis and implementing data transformation rules.
- Experience in evaluating various Robotics Process Automation (RPA) tools and recommend the best that suits project needs based use-case analysis.
- Experience configuring RPA tools such as UiPath, Pega (Open Span) and Automation Anywhere.
- Strong knowledge of financial industry data requirements.
- Experience with Data Quality projects including Statistical analysis, Advanced regression, Feature selection, Model selection, Enterprise Data Governance, Data Analysis and Data Quality Management.
- Hands on data profiling, data extraction, validations and remediation. Familiarity with data management standards and industry best practices.
- Experience with strong understanding of data management, data stewardship, metadata and Data Governance across multiple ecosystems delivering on enterprise level.
- Strong data analysis experience is required including soliciting data requirements, data mapping, lineage and transformation rules.
- Hands on experience with documenting business and system requirements, procedures, data flows and process flows.
- Knowledge of conceptual and logical data modeling.
- Proficiencies with Agile development practices Able to manage multiple tasks that are high in complexity, size, and scope in a fast-paced environment that often requires shifting prioritization.
- Ability to navigate across the organization and work collaboratively to deliver a business and technological solution.
- Employ extreme attention to detail and flexibility to adapt to dynamic client environments and changing business, operations and technology priorities.
- Able to influence/manage teams across a matrix organization and collaborate with business and technology partners, including multiple vendors and offshore resources.
- Customer Focus -- proven track record of customer satisfaction, delivery success and ability to establish and maintain appropriate relationships with business and IT stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver quality solutions to customers and develop process improvements where applicable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently when necessary.
- Takes initiative to work on challenging or "stretch" work assignments.
- Takes full advantage of opportunities to develop his/her skills Uses feedback constructively to increase work performance