Splunk Developer - Contract
- Job Title
- Splunk Developer - Contract
- Job ID
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Other Location
Title: Splunk Developer
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Summary: The Splunk Developer is responsible for collaborating with business analysts and customers to design, analyze, develop, code, test, debug dashboards and other reports as needed within the Splunk platform.
- Development of dashboards within the Splunk platform
- Ability to create Splunk custom queries, reports, dashboards, visuals, and alerts.
- Creating visual representations of metrics for analysis via panels, tables or graphs
- Understands indexes, taxonomy, how to extract data and how to put data into Splunk when it's not present.
- The ideal candidate will understand data visuals and an ability to correlate that into visual reports.
- Design, engineer, configure and administer Splunk content
- Assist in the proper operation and performance of Splunk, loggers and connectors as well as integrating data feeds (logs) into Splunk
- Develop filters to assist in the identification of significant events
- Collaborate with Business Analysts to estimate and plan work, provide status updates to stakeholders and executives
- Provide recommendations and implement changes to optimize Splunk products in the customer environment
- Report critical issues to management effectively, timely, and with clarity.
- The ideal candidate will have had experience in the high paced energy of startups as well as experience in the structured world of larger companies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Security, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ Years of experience with Splunk
- 5+ years of full life cycle hands-on experience designing and developing large scale web applications
- 3+ years performing analysis/tracing of system/application logs
- Splunk developer certification is desired
- Experience with advanced data visualization
- Able to work in a full Lean/Agile collaborative environment including interactive discussions, iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Ability to perform scripting tasks with Splunk to automate repeatable processes using Python, Ruby, PowerShell, Perl, etc.
- Able to interact with customers and team members and product support personnel
- Experience with interpreting requirements and implementing use cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong passion for learning