Sr. Java Developer
- Job Title
- Sr. Java Developer
- Job ID
- Detroit, MI
- Other Location
Sr. Java Developer
As a Senior Developer, this position is a key contributor, whose work is critical to project success.
- Hands-on development of custom solutions in Salesforce.com
- Work independently and as part of a team to gather requirements, create system design models & create/update architecture pictures of proposed implementation(s)
- Play a key role in resolving technical roadblocks and propose alternative solutions.
- Envision and create solutions that meet the requirements of the business and provide the overall blueprint/roadmap for delivering the solution.
- Develop specifications, process flows, application design & application configuration
- Strong problem solver that detects and solves project issues effectively.
- May evaluate application technologies and approaches to determine the usefulness and applicability to the organization
- Responsible to drive the development effort by participating in workshops, speaking about technical solutions, build prototypes and take on coding assignment
- Other roles/responsibilities may be assigned
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience required (in Java or Salesforce), with a preference of experience in architecture, integration and configuring.
- BS or MS in a technical discipline
- Must have experience working with integration features such as callouts, future methods, batch and scheduled apex, REST and SOAP APIs
- Must have Java/J2EE hands on development experience
- Understanding concepts of Key Management, Platform Encryption, SSL Handshake
- Knowledge on large organizations security standards/policies is desired
- Experience working in a Scrum/Agile environment and solid foundation in software development practices
- Experience delivering and supporting highly critical business applications in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Ability to work independently and be self-accountable to deliver a high level of performance
- Strong communication skills that can be effective working in person as well as in remote situations
- 2+ years of hands-on development experience required of developing on the Salesforce platform
- Understanding of Salesforce architecture and integration components with expertise around creating and managing custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, page layouts, reports, custom workflows and approval processes
- Any Salesforce certifications are huge plus
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, Force.com ANT, Developer Console for development, debugging and query
- Experience with SFDC Developer, Apex data loader for data loads (inserts/updates) in Salesforce
- Hands-on experience with both point-and-click configuration as well as programmatic customization