Location: United States - North Carolina - Vanceboro
Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Job Category: Engineering - Electrical
Weyerhaeuser is currently seeking a skilled PLC Programmer to support our New Bern lumber facility, located in Vanceboro, NC. As a PLC Programmer, you will apply electrical theory and related knowledge to test and modify developmental or operational electrical machinery, electrical control equipment, and circuitry in industrial environments by repairing, testing, adjusting, or installing electronic equipment, such as industrial controls, circuit boards, and switches.
At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren’t just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we’ve been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world. Weyerhaeuser wants to attract and retain the best people, which is why we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes an annual bonus plan, 401(k) plan with a generous company match, and comprehensive health benefits.
- Maintain current electrician's license or identification card to meet governmental regulations
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components
- Reprogramming PLC controls
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- 5 or more years of electrical and controls experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, with an understanding of industrial electrical components
- Proficient with Rockwell programming software and hardware, including Logix5000 and HMI
- Understand the function and operation of mechanical hardware (used for pallet, case, and can handling systems) and/or packaging equipment or material handling equipment
- Industrial control system design, programming and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with Allen-Bradley PLC, HMI and VFD hardware
- Knowledge and experience with Allen Bradley PLC's, AC and DC drives and other industrial control components and devices
- Ability to read and understand electrical and mechanical diagrams and drawings
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
electrical and controls experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Rockwell programming software and hardware
experience with Allen-Bradley PLC, HMI and VFD hardware
experience with AC and DC drives
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - Yes
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - High School Diploma or Equivalent
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally
Does the candidate have 5 or more years of electrical and controls experience in an industrial manufacturing environment?
Is the candidate proficient with Rockwell programming software and hardware, including Logix5000 and HMI?
Does the candidate have experience with Allen-Bradley PLC, HMI and VFD hardware?
Does the candidate have knowledge and/or experience with Allen Bradley PLC's, AC and DC drives?
WHY WE'RE A GREAT COMPANY