Systems Engineer (IBM MQ) - Contract
- Job Title
- Systems Engineer (IBM MQ) - Contract
- Job ID
- Louisville, KY 40218
- Other Location
Title: Systems Engineer (IBM MQ)
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our team is seeking a Systems Engineer who specializes in IBM MQ. In this role, this candidate will be responsible for install and cluster of multiple IBM MQ servers across two active environments. They will need to perform setup of queues, integrate, and test with various partners. This individual will need to have a solid understanding of the architecture connected to IBM MQ involving Oracle, JBoss and Linux Technologies.
About Our Team
Our team is responsible for strategic activities related to the emerging faster payments marketplace and acts as product owner this hub. The hub will connect core financial institutions and complementary products to new and existing payment networks including Zelle ® and RTP ® networks.
- Must have 5 years of experience in systems engineering.
- Must have experience working in a Microsoft environment.
- Must have IBM MQ experience.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with architecture connected to IBM MQ involving Oracle, JBoss, and Linux Technologies.
- Linux/Unix experience a plus.
- Experience performing various IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Previous experience with the following: analysis, installation, modifications and support of various operating system or databases,
- Understanding of systems assessments or certifications.
- Experience with executing test processes and system fixes.
- Assist with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
- Provides operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Performs troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintains in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Develops custom reports to meet the business needs.
- Drive continual service improvement.
- Prepares systems assessments or certifications.
- Executes test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.