|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
Technical Analyst (Tier 2/3 Support)
- Job Title
- Technical Analyst (Tier 2/3 Support)
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
One of the primary skills of the Tier 2/3 analyst would be to answer all application related questions coming in, write a great knowledge base of documentation to make that easier and more self service, and troubleshooting the application and being able to reproduce and document bugs. They will be responsible for the knowledge base, documentation, troubleshooting process, support QA in defect triage and testing.
They should have lighter dev and heavier IT skills: doing dev work (bug fixes, small features, upgrading libraries with security patches), running regression and deploying.
These individuals must be comfortable reading front-end and back-end application code but will be writing automation code for DevOps and Security operations, in addition to occasional production fixes (DB, perf). They’ll also be responding to production issues (outages, performance changes, network config, version/upgrade)
For location, personnel should be local to DC. They’d each be part of one DevSecOps team (on daily standups, demos, planning, etc.) but they should reside in DC.
• 3+ years of development, preferably in the development of enterprise-level web applications using one or more of the Java/J2EE frameworks, including Spring, SpringData, SpringBoot, Apache, MVC, API Services etc. or common Microsoft patterns.
• 3+ years of progressively responsible DevOps experience.
• Experience implementing end to end Continuous Delivery pipelines.
• AWS cloud experience in a production environment
• Configuration Management and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
• Bachelors degree
• Mid-tier skills: Spring, REST, RabbitMQ, Kafka
• Back-end tools: MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra
• DevOps skills: Docker, AWS, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible
• Basic working knowledge of SQL
• Intermediate hands on experience with configuring Windows or Linux logging and auditing
• Basic experience with configuration and troubleshooting of network switches, routers, and firewalls
• Basic understanding of networking including TCP/IP
• Basic understanding of routing
• Basic understanding of a cloud environment and infrastructure
• Advanced understanding of the Top 20 Critical Security Controls for Effective Cyber Defense
• Advanced understanding of the OWASP Top 10
• Advanced experience with vulnerability scanning and reconnaissance methods
• Intermediate knowledge of threat vectors against the Windows or Linux platform
• Intermediate hands-on experience with network security or equivalent study
• Experience working as an analyst in a 24x7 SOC
• Basic command of Linux systems administration and working with BASH
• Basic experience in one of Linux, Windows or Database administration
• Advanced understanding of HTTP, SSL/TLS, SOAP, and reverse proxies
• Intermediate experience using an IDS eg, Snort.
• Intermediate experience using a WAF
• Intermediate understanding of Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) concepts and functionality
• Intermediate penetration testing experience