Senior Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN 37207
- Other Location
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 36 states and currently employ 200+ individuals nation-wide. Our client base ranges from Fortune 100/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are used exclusively due to our outstanding staffing track record.
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and full time hire placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Our client has been around since 2009 and was started here in Nashville. Their focus is to provide IT solutions to clients nationwide. This gives all employees the ability to work on various short term and long term projects. Before hiring full time, they prefer to bring people on board in a contract to hire capacity. Some travel is required 1-2 weeks a month depending on current client business and the position you hold. If you are looking to provide effective IT solutions for a variety of problems with different companies and enjoy working in a client facing capacity, we encourage you to reach out and apply! During these contracts and once individuals are brought on full time, all employees will have access to a strong healthcare plan, PTO, flexible scheduling, and several other benefits that we are happy to explain once we connect with you.
Job Title: Senior Security Engineer
- Focus on migrating and upgrading Palo Alto Network firewalls (strong PAN, general firewall skills and experience as well firewall best practices)
- This will travel <25% within the continental US.
- Written communication is helpful and needed given the amount of correspondence.
- Route and NAT; could be inherent with PAN experience.
- Good understanding of ports and ranges with typical InfoSec restrictions (such as, no open telnet or FTP allowed.
- Should be able to answer “what ports would you suspect fail InfoSec approval as a general rule?”).
- Should know how to stage changes in Panorama and understand what/how to deploy, etc.
- Works with both internal and external customers to understand business requirements and needs.
- Designs maintainable solutions to meet business, compliance requirements and technical requirements through creation and application of best practices to reduce risk at all clients while ensuring consistency, maintainability and compliance.
- Configure and troubleshoot security network and security solution solutions.
- Develop technical solutions and new security solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Discovers current technical standards and best practices (R&D).
- Deploys patches, updates, and configuration changes.
- Creates and documents engineering standards.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 years plus experience in information security with hands on experience in firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, anti-virus software and/or endpoint security
- 5 years’ experience in security engineering.
- Certifications in CISSP, CISA, CISM, CCSP/CCIE is preferred.
- Experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Excellent understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Excellent understanding of routing and client/server programming.
- Advanced knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Advanced technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Cisco, Microsoft and Linux.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, work in a fast paced environment, and manage workload prioritization to deliver high quality work products on time with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills with the ability to handle conflict and to work with a distributed team.
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal. #LI-RB1