Accounting Analyst - Contract
- Job Title
- Accounting Analyst - Contract
- Job ID
- Springfield, MO 65804
- Other Location
Title: Accounting Analyst
From our start in 2009, Conexess has established itself in 3 markets, employing nearly 200+ individuals nation-wide. Operating in over 15 states, our client base ranges from Fortune 500/1000 companies, to mid-small range companies. For the majority of the mid-small range companies, we are exclusively used due to our outstanding staffing track record
Who We Are:
Conexess is a full-service staffing firm offering contract, contract-to hire, and direct placements. We have a wide range of recruiting capabilities extending from help desk technicians to CIOs. We are also capable of offering project based work.
Conexess Group is seeking 3 Accounting Analysts to join our growing team!
The successful candidate will assist the Revenue Recognition team in collecting, researching, and preparing standard and specialized financial reports such as analysis, balance sheets, income statements, and reconciliation according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- At least 1 year of experience in a professional accounting role.
- Knowledge of GAAP and other accounting principles.
- Able to accurately apply company policies and procedures.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts and apply basic math, accounting, and finance principles.
- Able to use accounting-related programs.
- Highly efficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Able to type accurately and efficiently, including 10-key.
- Able to work with confidential materials and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Records, classifies, and posts details of business transactions in accordance with accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
- Prepares journal entries and monthly financial statements.
- Performs balance sheet account analysis and reconciliation to the General Ledger.
- Compiles various analyses for management review on a periodic basis. Works closely with operations managers to develop pertinent reports and/or analysis that will aid them in making managerial decisions about their line of business.
- Conducts research projects in specific area of Accounting and responds to all inquiries.
- Reviews, monitors and resolves reports pertaining to billing, revenue flow and/or expenditures.
- Assists with the monthly and annual budget and forecast with input from the various department heads and managers.
- Collaborates with managers to assist in translating their operational requirements into financial statement formatting.
- Performs monthly review of P&L reports; may include variance analysis.
- Works with managers to explain variances.
- Acts as financial liaison for operations.
- Performs other special projects as assigned.